5.3L from 2001 Swap

onebad7up

Jun 21, 2004
Nashville
I have a 2001 Tahoe parts truck, and I was wondering if anyone knows how to do an engine swap. I want to put this in a 1970 Monte Carlo but I do not know what I need. I have heard people say you have to keep the wiring harness. Does this mean the entire wiring harness throughout the truck? I know this isn't really a Ford question but I figured someone here has done a swap like this before. Let me know if you think it would be possible to convert the Monte over to this FI setup.

• Sponsors (?)

youll need the engine harness, ecm, and transmission harness at the least. not to mention you need to do some research on motor mounts, exhaust manifolds, or headers for the swap. im not sure how similar the 5.3 is to a 5.7 or 305, so you might be among the first to attempt this.

Yea. I figures this might be a little difficult because the 5.3 isn't commonly swapped into other cars. Would I be better off sells the parts? If so, how much do you think I could get for the drivetrain?

With my luck I bet that is all I could get. I would like to be able to get about 2000 out of the truck. I plan on selling drivetrain, wheels, whole interior, and other random parts. If not then I could always make one sweet 1992 S-10!!!