500/600+ RWHP?

MeanGreen

Founding Member
Mar 21, 2002
How many of you guys have 500/600+ RWHP in your Stangs? Whats your combo's consist of?
I am trying to put together an engine to run 600+ RWHP. Definitely am running a Power adder but was looking more towards a Blower rather than a Turbo setup.

• Sponsors (?)

new block at that point is a necessity. You can always run a setup like S&B is running in which he puts down over 700, looking for 800, dart 331, victor efi Intake, 100 some lb injectors, and a vortech YSi trim blower. A good stroker combo with a decent HCI combo and a t76 turbo would put you above and beyond your goals

Raceaholic (scott) has a nasty 529 hp setup. BONE STOCK bottom end. AFR 165's, B-31 cam, systemax intake, and 14lbs of boost. I would suggest buying at least a sportsman block, although that new Boss 302 block is lookin real fresh.

DSCF0119.JPG

DSCF0220.JPG

Brad's coupe:
592rwhp 665ft/lb tq

-a

If you want 600-700 hp plan on the below.

1. Not driving the car alot
2. spending 12-20k on drivetrain parts (to do it right)
3. a power adder

Well I was planning on either getting a $30K Chopper or building up one of the most baddest 5.0's I could build. I'm turning 30 soon and it's a gift to myself:D
So..... Yeah I made my decision to go with the 5.0 Build:nice:

Adam that engine pic you posted is bad as ****!!! :hail2:

MeanGreen said:
Well I was planning on either getting a $30K Chopper or building up one of the most baddest 5.0's I could build. I'm turning 30 soon and it's a gift to myself:D
So..... Yeah I made my decision to go with the 5.0 Build:nice:

Adam that engine pic you posted is bad as ****!!! :hail2:

go for it, but dont plan on it being 100% dependable

ram360 said:
What's the point? To drive around w/ the dyno sheet in the glove compartment telling everyone how fast it is. Build something you can actually use.

Yep exactly. I want to pull into a Gas station and jump out and be like yaaaah I make Ten Thousand horsepower now I'm COOL!!!!:rolleyes: