6 days of the new hatch and this happens.

I highly doubt that you'd be able to shoot a thief who is stealing someone else's car without receiving any negative legal repercussions. Heres how I see the law: If you use unreasonable and unnecessary force to stop or detain a burglar (or any criminal for that matter) you can be charged criminally and held civilly liable (i.e. he could sue you). What gets classified as "unreasonable and unnecessary" is in the hands of a jury and frankly, I wouldn't want my future in the hands of a jury.

However, the story changes if your life is in potential danger (i.e. a thief breaking and entering into your home or place of dwelling) because you can argue self defense in court. But then again, that doesn't eliminate the possibility of the thief still sueing you as seen here.

Burglar pursues suit against doctor who shot him | The Janesville Gazette | Janesville, Wisconsin, USA

Look up Joe Horn, he did it. DA didn't even try to prosecute.

• Sponsors (?)

One reason I have TWO visible theft deterrants whenever I park my car someplace I don't feel safe with it. I have a Club for the steering wheel and the UnBreakable brake lock. The know they will have two items to defeat before driving it off, and most likely they will pass. Plus I pull my radio faceplate and have a "kill" switch. They would have to tow mine off and I try to park in a way to prevent that too. Only had one person try to open my driver's door with a screwdriver, but I think they saw the tools I had in the hatch since I opened it to get some of them out at the Pick a Part yard.

Hope you get it secure Ryan. Multiple anti theft devices.