7.5 power handling

stang_1320

Mar 30, 2005
Odessa, Texas
hey does anyone know what kind of power levels the stock rear end can handle? especially for u guys running any kind of power adder, or using slicks. i really dont wanna go out & look for an 8.8 out of a gt. wouldnt a rear end girdle, a good set of axles, & welding the tubes to the center section be able to withstand 250 or 300 rwhp & 4000 rpm launches with slicks. i certainly hope so. any input would be appreciated. thanx!!! oh and thanx again for the thread posted by some of u running 13s, 12s, and 11s. it gives me a lot of motivation as to what i can do w/ my car.

• Sponsors (?)

stang_1320 said:
hey does anyone know what kind of power levels the stock rear end can handle? especially for u guys running any kind of power adder, or using slicks. i really dont wanna go out & look for an 8.8 out of a gt. wouldnt a rear end girdle, a good set of axles, & welding the tubes to the center section be able to withstand 250 or 300 rwhp & 4000 rpm launches with slicks. i certainly hope so. any input would be appreciated. thanx!!! oh and thanx again for the thread posted by some of u running 13s, 12s, and 11s. it gives me a lot of motivation as to what i can do w/ my car.

If you are going to be launching with slicks, your best bet is a detroit trutrac with girdle, panhard relocation bracket and some new axles. That should be just fine for 400rwhp.

Scrming is at 250 rwhp with the FRTLOK and he is just fine and holding up well.