70 mm Throttle Body

94comp

May 23, 2006
Macomb, Michigan
I just installed a 70 mm throttle body,, currently I have a 94 5.0 AODE w BBK CAI, BBK Underdrives and now this 70 mm. I took the car for a ride after installing and letting idle for 40 min and the pick up is great from a standstill, but from a 25 or 30 roll it just bogs down for a sec or 2 before it catches itself. I will be installing shorties plus exhaust back in a matter of weeks and I hope its just a matter of the exhaust not breathing enough. But I'm open to suggestions anyone else ever encounter this??? I'd appreciate it:shrug:

I took it for another drive today to totally test everyones input before I removed the TB... and it seemed to run well besides the fact that it bogged down between 1000 and 1500 rpms ( roughly) from an idled start it was fine and anywhere it was in gear above 1500 it also was fine. Could this be an injection problem or possibly a MAF prob?? Any other input would help. I checked all my connections and ports everything is hooked up fine no leaks I can see. Those are the only 2 things I can think of?? Thanks again

• Sponsors (?)

The 70mm is FAR from too big. Did you port match the inlet on the manifold to 70mm? Are you running a 70mm adapter? I hope you didn't put a 70mm tb on a 60mm inlet????

Ohhhhh good lord another TB thread.......... What your feeling is the computer relearning, there is such thing as too big but 70 or 75 is not it. Please port match the inlet, otherwise your defeating the purpose of a larger TB. I can go on and on about Tb's; just remember if anything before or after the TB is smaller than what you put on it's a restriction.

The 70mm TB flows WAY more than the engine needs. It is proven. Go check accufab's website on what an engine (302) flows and you will see the 70mm TB flows much more than the 302 engine.

But...that will not make it act like it is. Sounds like a mechanical issue or the intake is not matched to the 70mm TB opening.

I took it for another drive today to totally test everyones input before I removed the TB... and it seemed to run well besides the fact that it bogged down between 1000 and 1500 rpms ( roughly) from an idled start it was fine and anywhere it was in gear above 1500 it also was fine. Could this be an injection problem or possibly a MAF prob?? Any other input would help. I checked all my connections and ports everything is hooked up fine no leaks I can see. Those are the only 2 things I can think of?? Thanks again