78 Ghia windows --- help please ----

mike78

Apr 11, 2005
Need advice --- My 78 Ghia is leaking thru the windows, alot.. I dug this 3 owner, 82000 mile car out of a back yard and have been trying to fix her up. I noticed the roof rail weatherstripping was shot -- and replaced it, and the molding carpet. I live in Oregon, I don't figure it will stop raining any time soon... Now I have discovered leaking around the windshield, and the "opera" windows. The windshield I will take to the shop $$150.00(ouch), and I have purchased a set of coupe windows to replace the opera windows. Anyone out there swapped these before? Anyone know where to get new rubber for the coupe seals? She still has the vinyl top, I'm either going to cut to fit, or remove. Anyone????

Also, I bought a 600 cfm holley, which is the best manifold for torque??

Thanks for any advice, Mike

• Sponsors (?)

For the Coupe window seals, we couldn't find any original seals to replace them with. But we contacted these people here http://www.clestersauto.com/ and we sent them a sample of what we needed. It's not exactly like the original but it's pretty close and will seal the window just fine. We used weatherstrip adhesive to glue it into place. There located in NC.
As far as replacing the Ghia windows with the Coupe windows. You should just be able to remove the glass along with the plastic filler panel and the Coupe window will fit right in it's place then.