8.8 Rearend w/gears

• Sponsors (?)

HoofBeatsRfastr said:
Hey guys, does anyone know how much it would cost to get a 8.8 rearend with 4:10 gears? Also, do you guys know how hard it would be to put in?

Thanks,
Ryan

I got mine for $400 which i beleive is pretty reasonable off a quick sale. It had 3:27s Couldn't find one already set up with the gears (did find some 3:73 in the 600 range) so I spent 189.00 on the 4:10s .. I did the gear install myself so don't know what labor runs there. The biggest PITA for me on the rear end install was the disc brakes. I used only hand tools .. and I was out and in with the new in 3 hours , like I said the brakes being the stumbling block. Mines a 2001 and I dealt with the speedo with a chip. not sure what you do on the 97 or the cost ... my 2cent hope it helps

oh yeah ... for another 1./2 cents worth of opinion .. mine actually became fun to drive when I swapped to the 4:10s ...

you can look on eBay BUT BEWARE, and ask lots of questions to the seller. The saying is great........"If it seems too good to be true, then it probably is." Gears are a GREAT mod though, look around. rpmoutlet.com has some pretty good deals too.

As for install, I went the professional route and it cost me $275. Hope this helps.