83 GT vert Chrome Pony R pics!

BlueSkyCC

Oct 31, 2009
Budd Lake
We got the work done on the vert. We're very pleased with how it came out. We're hoping that the ass end settles a little bit as its got a decent rake right now. We installed the M-2300-K Cobra R brake kit, brand new 8.8 with 3.73s. H&R springs, Tokico Shocks and struts, boxed control arms, full length subframes, MAC long tubes, VRS off road x pipe (fits less than par), and a MAC cat back. We will be doing the engine and trans next year as well as re doing the engine bay and eventually doing the body. Let us know what you think!!!

Here's a few before pictures.....
DSCN3289.jpg

DSCN3290.jpg

DSCN3291.jpg

DSCN3292.jpg

Its crazy what wheels do for a car!
DSCN3441.jpg

DSCN3442.jpg

DSCN3443.jpg

DSCN3444.jpg

DSCN3445.jpg

DSCN3446.jpg

DSCN3447.jpg

DSCN3448.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Is it just my I.E. 8 or does it look like the rear tires are just waiting for the first big bump to kiss the rear quarter lips?

Yea, they are flush with the edge of the quarters, if they start to rub we are going to roll the quarter lip over. The suspension is pretty tight so we'll see how that goes. The backspacing is a little shallow but overall were happy with the results.

I'm sure I'm probably in the minority on this, but I think it could use a set of silver wheels. The chrome against the silver is, to me a bit too gaudy looking. I think it's screaming for a set of 10 holes and keep the RWL tires. It would appear more period-specific that way, IMO.

I'm sure I'm probably in the minority on this, but I think it could use a set of silver wheels. The chrome against the silver is, to me a bit too gaudy looking. I think it's screaming for a set of 10 holes and keep the RWL tires. It would appear more period-specific that way, IMO.

The chrome is a little much but they look pretty good. He wanted a stock look but not stock. He also wanted the big brakes so that wouldn't allow the use of 15 inch wheels.

I like the new look but I got to say your car is also one of the few that looked good with the turbines.

It's a customers car and he came to us wanting the Chrome Pony R's.

Thanks for all the comments guys! There are a few more upgrades the customer wants done like white face gauges and a nice stereo. The motor and trans are gonna get done next year, he wants to have 300-350 horse. yea, a 331 with AFR 185's is around that right???........... here's some pics of the underside with the exhaust and everything in.
DSCN3457.jpg

DSCN3456.jpg