89 LX build thread

• Sponsors (?)

35248959.jpg

Got some more work done yesterday. Alternator with CFR mount installed. I had to take a small junk out of the A/C bracket for everything to fit. I was unaware when I bought it that it designed for A/C deleted setup.

Lower intake bolted on, water neck/thermostat/mishimoto hoses installed. I Powder coated a few other things like the distributor hold down/bolt, a/c + power steering bracket support brackets. Next step is to stab the distributer and dissemble the power steering to powder coat and clean up. Then clean up and rattle can the A/C just like I did on the alternator.

I am not familiar with that brand, but they look like some quality parts.

Are they 1 5/8" or 1 3/4"?

Love those thick flanges.

Would you buy them again, or go with another brand?
I was looking at BBK 1 3/4" long tubes.

They are 1 5/8 and they came on the car when I bought it. Fit and finish are pretty good so I see no reason to change them out

Bracket goes to the AC compressor iirc. Will try to get a pic tomorrow. When you have all the parts together its not hard to see how they go.

Looks awesome-ola :nice: - I really like those wheels after the 5 lug conversion - thought about those exact same wheels for my project - even before I got the project car - I try and tell people 'how' much work goes into paint and body - it's a long process - even claying a car - buffing it all out ( the right pads and glaze etc etc ) - they 'roll' their eyes at me - .....well until they see there car look 'brand new' after years of neglect - anyway great job -

So I take back my comment on Pypes headers. Drivers side header is giving me lots of problems, so much that I'm going to pick up another set of headers. Maybe BBK or FRPP ceramic shorties.

Anyways, I was cleaning out my garage today and I'm trying to ID the cam I took out. I'm not sure if it's stock. No "ZE" or X's next to the distributor drive gear. Any thoughts?

8b7a9199.jpg

These are all the markings I found. and a "78" towards the rear of the cam. Not really a big deal, I'm just curious. It's going on craigslist.