95 cobra for investment

dstang01

Sep 22, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Would spending a couple grand more on a 95 cobra be worth the investment over a couple less on an equal condition GT? Are these cobras going to appreciate in value over the next few years, or would you say its not worth it. Just trying to justify if more money for a cobra would be an investment or not.

• Sponsors (?)

Get the GT if you plan on doing a lot of mods. I personally couldn't mod a Cobra. I'd make a Fauxbra and mod it first, but that's just my opinion. I know there's several guys on here with modded Cobras, probably the most extreme example being 69clark's car ( :drool: ), but I just couldn't do it.

lol,

You know if the Cobra was going to valuable one day, maybe it wouldn't be modded, but in my opinion these newer cars aren't going to be worth money like the old muscle cars. Just not going to happen, its a whole different set of circumstances. Just my $.02

Mod it and have fun. As far as what you should get. It all depends on what cobra equipment you will be keeping on the car, if you get the cobra. Again, it comes to the level that you plan to mod the car. If you are going to mod the car above and beyond what the cobra has, don't waste the money on it.

Just as said above :nice:

You gotta ask yourself what you really want to do.

I don't wanna get a Stang and just drive it as it is received :nono:

I do wanna make it considerably more powerful and personalize it :nice:

The Cobras have very mild parts and therefore don't suit my purpose :(

So you see ... for me ... I'd just upgrade a bunch of that stuff anyway ;)

Again ... Its all about application and personal tastes :Word:

Grady

I think its far more of an issue with the 4.6 crowd. I would ONLY think about buying a 96-98 4v and those were all cobras (unless a 4v was swapped in). In the case of the 96+ cars there is a VERY big diff. and its in the end the better platform.

I kinda wish mine was a real cobra...but for the most part its FAR more cobra than not and runs better at this point.

People in the 60's thought their era cars were expendable and would never be worth anything like a deusenberg or silver arrow of the 30's, and now their market is huge. Dollar for dollar, everything equal, a cobra will be worth more than a GT down the road. Now there's absolutely nothing wrong with a GT, but fast or slow, whatever level your cobra is at, you'll be sitting in it glad you have a cobra. You could save a few thousand and invest the saved money into mods for the GT, but if you have the chance at a cobra right now, you may be kicking yourself later for not putting out a little more to get one. I'm not saying a cobra is the god of all gods compared to a GT or anything else out there, but it's just a cool feeling knowing you have one.

10 to 1 a car is never an investment. Why? Most of us will drive the poop out of them, mod them ($$) OR sell them before they ever get to Barrett Jackson..which is a LOOOOOOOOOOOONG time from now.

If you want to invest buy mutual funds or ...well something that doesn't have a HUGE depreciation bell curve before it "potentially" becomes valuable.

Now if you want to have some fun? Buy a nice Mustang GT or Cobra!!! :nice: