'96 Cobra issues(?)

'66 coupe

Founding Member
Aug 7, 2000
Lakeland, Fl.
My roommate found a '96 Cobra that was traded into the Ford side of the dealer he sells at(he works on the Dodge side).

I was just wondering if there were any issues to look for.:shrug: I already found something about overheating problems.
It also had a '99 style intake plenum on an otherwise stock car(even the airbox was stock). I didn't realize this until I started looking at pics. I wish I checked the #'s on the engine to see if it was the factory engine. Kinda putting this with the overheating thing makes me think...not that a newer engine would be bad.

Just wondering if you guys have any pointers for problems/issues to look into. I know the first run of any engine/car is usually a little shaky.

Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Just because it's a 96 doesn't mean it overheats. Not all of them did. Other than that, I can't think of any problems. My car has 60,000 miles on it and the only problems I've had with it are associated with aftermarket parts I bought.

[QUOTE='66 coupe]My roommate found a '96 Cobra that was traded into the Ford side of the dealer he sells at(he works on the Dodge side).

I was just wondering if there were any issues to look for.:shrug: I already found something about overheating problems.
It also had a '99 style intake plenum on an otherwise stock car(even the airbox was stock). I didn't realize this until I started looking at pics. I wish I checked the #'s on the engine to see if it was the factory engine. Kinda putting this with the overheating thing makes me think...not that a newer engine would be bad.

Just wondering if you guys have any pointers for problems/issues to look into. I know the first run of any engine/car is usually a little shaky.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]
Post pics, try to get a shot of the engine plaque too

Does the engine look like this
96chamenge.jpg

Or like this, not many people go through the labor and money of running 99+ components
my96engood.jpg

Attachments

• 96chamenge.jpg
    96chamenge.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 66
  • my96engood.jpg
    my96engood.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 66
[QUOTE='66 coupe]My roommate found a '96 Cobra that was traded into the Ford side of the dealer he sells at(he works on the Dodge side).

Thanks.[/QUOTE]
Nothing serious.