98 power ?'s

• Sponsors (?)

Lazerred98cobra said:
Those numbers sound pretty good to me. 20 Hp to the wheels over stock isnt to bad. Most 98s made like High 240s or low 250s to the wheels.

Nah, they usually make about 255-260 stock...on a Dynojet that is...

What kind of dyno did you use? If it was a Dynojet you are down on power a little...If it was a Mustang Dyno you are right about where you should be, Mustang Dynos run about 12-15% lower on HP ratings because they simulate real world road conditions...

i believe it is a dynojet. i know it isn't a mustang dyno. my other ? is, every time i put a new part on i can feel the difference for about a weak. then it seems like it goes away. is it just me getting used to the car or is the computer adjusting for the parts.

98svtconvert said:
i was just woundering if these #'s sound right with the mods that i have done. i thought they were low but i might be wrong. any info or suggestions would be great.

you really dont have any mods that will significantly net you more hp. a set of pullies would bring you up a bit more though. By the way - those Accel coil packs might be hurting you - the stock coil packs have been proven to be the best even with power adders.

peace

those numbers sem right to me....i dyno'ed 269hp/274torque on my 97 vert with 94k on it.....for the most part my car is very close to stock with the only mods being......bbk h-pipe, flowmaster 2 chambers, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, 80mm mass air.........and...thats about it....i thought my numbers were pretty good considering the mileage on my car....so yeah i think your numbers are right were they should be......

steve