a few cobra questions

Quick question, is there a noticeable difference in sound between 94-95 cobras and 94-95 gt's? If you were to put the same exhaust on both (say an o/r H and flows) would you be able to distinguish the cobra from the gt?

Another quick question, Ive heard people say that the stock cobra tune is alot better than the gt tune in regards to detonation, and that 87 octane can be run in them safely. Is this a myth? I know the DOHC cobras need the premium, but how about the 5.0s?

• Sponsors (?)

Barely Audible on the sound difference, Slightly diff cam and diff heads on the Cobra. Besides, not many enthusiests would keep a GT stock for long anyway. The Cobra ecu is more strict and pulls timing between shifts and such. In dead AZ summer with 120+ degree heat, I've run 89* with absolutely no pinging.

How would you go about tuning a GT to cobra specs? My dad works at a ford dealer so i asked one of the mechanics if he could flash the cobra tune onto my car and he said it couldnt be done because the computer is too old or something. anyone done this? sorry to jack thread didnt wanna start a new one just for this question

How would you go about tuning a GT to cobra specs? My dad works at a ford dealer so i asked one of the mechanics if he could flash the cobra tune onto my car and he said it couldnt be done because the computer is too old or something. anyone done this? sorry to jack thread didnt wanna start a new one just for this question

You could shoot Don an email at Lasotaracing.com....he's one of the tune guru's 'round here

I'd not know what to say about sound differences between GT & Cobra :shrug:

I got a GT with some Cobra pcm values :shrug:

I don't know :shrug: To me ... It just sounds like my car :D

Yes ... You do not flash our pcm's ... You use a Tuning interface or a Chip :)

You could replace your 19# inj's with 24's and replace your original pcm
with a Corba pcm ... that is if you be a t-5 kinda guy.

Lotta $$$ and trouble for just a sound ... if you ask me :shrug:

and also ... here is another downside about doing that :notnice:

If your Stang is stock or close to stock .........
You most likely would loose power with the Cobra pcm :(

And ... About that myth ... It is no myth :nono:

The Cobra has less spark and more fuel
and
That is why you could loose a bit of power with this idea here

Grady