A few pics of my boa

his name is Cooper, i've had him for awhile now. he loves to sit in that water bowl for days at a time, what a life! no worries, gets fed when he needs to, can sit in the same spot for days, sometimes i wish i had it that easy. he doesn't spend much time in the tank, i let him out so he can roam around my room. he has a few select spots in the closet and in my desk drawer that he likes to hide in. when he's ready to come out of the tank he'll start trying to push the screen top open with his head. i just open the top a little and he finds his way out on his own. he can be a bit destructive when he's moving around, he's knocked a few things off the shelves that broke and he once knocked off a pot that i have a cactus in. there was potting soil everywhere. it was not fun cleaning that mess up at 7:30 in the morning.

View attachment 409881
View attachment 409882

• Sponsors (?)

You let him roam free in your room? lol you're nuts dude!

yeah bro, he has full run of it. theres been a few nights when i was sleeping and i felt him trying to crawl into bed with me. he's completely tame, no aggression and has no problems with being handled. the key to raising a snake from a baby is alot of human contact when they're young, this way when they're older and start to become a handful they're already pretty domesticated.

yeah bro, he has full run of it. theres been a few nights when i was sleeping and i felt him trying to crawl into bed with me. he's completely tame, no aggression and has no problems with being handled. the key to raising a snake from a baby is alot of human contact when they're young, this way when they're older and start to become a handful they're already pretty domesticated.

lol sounds fun

When he gets outrageously big, what do you think you'll be feeding him.

Sounds like he's training his snack very well. You'll wake up in the dark some day and say "hell, they were right." :bang: :D

lol sounds fun

When he gets outrageously big, what do you think you'll be feeding him.

i feed him frozen mice now and he'll continue to get frozen food for the rest of his life. thats another way to keep the aggression down. i love all animals so feeding him live mice that had no chance of survival was a bit too much for me. the frozen mice are perfect, i thaw them out, throw them in the tank and he goes right for it.

are they the fuzzie little white mice:D i use to breed them i had at least 100 at once then i was breeding rats

why arent you feeding him rats?

if it help i have a bunch of frozen rats in my freezer
:D

snakes really dont stink now lizards thats another story

are they the fuzzie little white mice:D i use to breed them i had at least 100 at once then i was breeding rats

why arent you feeding him rats?

if it help i have a bunch of frozen rats in my freezer
:D

snakes really dont stink now lizards thats another story

yeah, i guess they're adult mice. i think rats might still be a bit big for him. i just go to petco and buy them over there. there is absolutely no smell from him at all. i cant imagine the smell of having 100 rats, what a nightmare. actually, many people have rats as pets. they're highly intelligent animals. i dont think lizards smell, my brother has a bearded dragon and that thing is pretty clean.

i was definately looking for a couple nice shots of you out on a lake cuz i thought u just had a typo in the title, nope-> i was def wrong... how do you let that guy just roam free?? with my luck i would wake up to take a leak some night and step in a big ol snake $****... good luck eith that one once he gets bigger and those things get bigger as well, haha

snake3.jpg

well my brother had a nile monitor and if he went with out changing the water within 3 days it stunk really bad, and when you try to pick it up it sheets everywhere as a defense.

funny thing is before i breed them a couple years before i had rats as pets parents didnt mind at all, my mom just didnt like the tail.
they are good pets

the mice stunk real bad since they were in my room after a while you get use to the smell and dont notice it any more.

oh and how big they will get depends on the species not all boas will be 10-20 ft long.

The biology department here has a pet boa. One day during my biology class, they were feeding it. They dropped a live mouse in there and we all packed around excitely waiting for nature to take it course, but alas it was like the movie Road Trip and nothing happened while we were there. :(