A few small tweecer questions

OrangeMustangGt

Founding Member
Mar 7, 2002
Cape Cod, MA
How do I get my idle to drop faster while moving? I tried increasing dashpot decay rate, which seemed to work, but when im moving it still hangs around 2,000 rpm for a while before it drops to a normal idle

How do i get rid of the lean spike when i get into the gas? Grady told me about changing the intake manifold volume, however the new tweecer does not seem to have that table

How do i get rid of a bucking at low rpm/load when coming back into the throttle after a coast? thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

For my lean bucking issues i played with hego bias and hego delay for the long tubes. Seemed to work well.
Not sure on the idle issues mine seems to idle about 1400 when coming up to a light, When the vss see's no movment drops to 800.

How do I get my idle to drop faster while moving? I tried increasing dashpot decay rate, which seemed to work, but when im moving it still hangs around 2,000 rpm for a while before it drops to a normal idle

How do i get rid of the lean spike when i get into the gas? Grady told me about changing the intake manifold volume, however the new tweecer does not seem to have that table

How do i get rid of a bucking at low rpm/load when coming back into the throttle after a coast? thanks!

The bucking while at low load can be sometimes be improved upon
by dialing back a bit of spark in the Closed Loop spark table :)

Just use your dlogs to find the problem condition and adjust the load row
that matches the dlogs ;)

I have no knowledge of the new software :shrug:
but
I can tell you this :D

The manifold volume you speak of would not be seen in a table
as it was a scalar
or
at least it was on the older software :shrug:

As for the rpm's hanging

One thing I found about that nagging issue is
If you have your tb blade open too far ........................

The hanging idle and lots of other idle or low load conditon stuff
won't respond as you wish to your tweecs :(

Grady