a gift idea for my dad

my70stang

Jul 16, 2005
Arizona
so my dad is a pretty big fan of pink floyd, big shocker there right? so i was thinking of getting him a dvd of one of there shows live. in your experience, what show would be the best to get him? i looked for the "Is There Anybody Out There - The Wall Live 1980-81" one but apparently they dont have it. could you help me out? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Can't find any DVD's of the concert.... even though I know there was a Beta (like VHS, waaaaaaaaayyyy before DVD's) tape of the concert out. Closest I could find was THIS DVD, which was a screenplay based off (and using) a lot of Pink Floyd classics.
I watched this in sometime like '82 or '83, at the Student Union theater at UofAZ. Didn't want to go, but my girlfriend at the time (now known around here as Mrs StangDreamin') who wanted to go with some of her older College of Nursing buddies. I remember sitting there mumbling "Sonofab****!" while watching it; actually a cool flick.

CAUTION: REFERENCE TO "THE CLOSET"!
Oh yeah, you can't mention Pink Floyd around here without me thinking of a few lines from "Dark Side of the Moon".....

"...You lock the door
And throw away the key
There's someone in my head but it's not me...."

:rlaugh: