A Long Long Way To Go

jikelly

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Jul 9, 2003
Lubbock Tx
After spending most of the summer intangled in a mass of wiring, I finally got my new wiring harness in and and most of my interior back together. I got to drive my stang everyday this week. It is so nice to not have to get up early and take my girlfriend to work. She was nice enough to share her car with me while mine had its guts hanging out all over our livingroom. Driving my car again is like a dream come true, but this past week of driving has made me realize that I still have a long way to go before it is perfect or fun to drive again.

There are still a lot of rattles dispite all the sound deadning material I added, but I can always just turn up the radio. The things that I am more concerned about are my steering, which is still darty dispite the fact that I replaced the steering gearbox twice and all the linkage during the past year, my blower motor, which must be rubbing on the inside of its housing (stupid thing I have to pull the dash to get at it), and a certain engine squeak that didn't go away after even a second replacement of my engine's front seal. :bang: Now that was a fun job.

I guess my stang is coming along but it just seems like there is so much left to get done on it. I don't even want to think about paint. So here is what I need for you guys to do for me.
1. Come up with a cheap junkyard rack kit that is just awsome and can be bolted in over a weekend.
2. Not yell at me for playing my music so load that you can hear it in your car when I'm driving behind you.
3. Come on down to Lubbock and pull my blower motor for me and get it to stop rubbing its housing.
4. Remind me that I like working on my car and I'd miss it if I gave up and sold it.
5. Talk the city of Lubbock into repaving all the roads.
6. Send me a new engine that keeps itself tuned.
7. Tell me a funny story about your battles with your stang while you try to keep it in pristine condition.

Thanks guys :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

2nd Mustang said:
I'll never understand why people will blast their stereo in their cars. How can you like loud music over a lumpy idle and headers?

Depends on the song. When Bohemian Rhapsody comes on you just HAVE to crank it up and headbang :D

waynes_world_front.jpg

(yes, I often get funny stares from people in the cars next to me)

Attachments

• waynes_world_front.jpg
    waynes_world_front.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 95
gt/cs said:
Depends on the song. When Bohemian Rhapsody comes on you just HAVE to crank it up and headbang :D

waynes_world_front.jpg

(yes, I often get funny stares from people in the cars next to me)

I can blast some good metal or punk. I always crank up AC/DC or Blacksabbath...warms my heart to hear "Hell's Bells" at full blast.

Attachments

• waynes_world_front.jpg
    waynes_world_front.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 89
Talk the city of Lubbock into repaving all the roads

they already are.............from where i live to get to work i have 4 options. easiest route is to go up indiana through tech and go all the way to the north loop, not possible now that indian no longer goes through tech and they haven't finished their new expressway that was supposed to be done before scholl started. second option is to hit 19th and follow it over to quaker then take quaker to the north loop and follow it around to work, also not possible now that the loop is no longer accessible from quaker and quaker is messed up from 19th to like 15th. option 3 is to go up university to the north loop, but the problem with that is there are too many lights so it takes twice as long and even then when i get to clovis road i always seem to catch the train so i end having to wait 5-10 minutes for it to pass, one day it actually stopped and didn't move for almost an hour. that leaves my last option and the one i am currently using, take indiana to 19th, go west on 19th to the intersection of 19th, tech freeway and brownfield highway turn back east on tech freeway back to indiana, turn north on indiana and go to the clovis road/ loop access road and follow it around to work. makes for an exciting drive to work especially to and from work at lunch time which for me is 3:00 in the afternoon, right when a lot of people at tech are ending their day. waht was the point of this diatribe you ask? please do not wish any more road construction on me at this point even a simple repave would drive me over the edge