Roush *** A New Club Is Born ***

Saleen Mike

Founding Member
Oct 17, 2002
A New Club Is Born!

A new national Saleen club has been formed, and it is thus named The Saleen Club Of America.

We are a club whose main focus is fun, friendship and Saleens. The main goals of the club are to celebrate the ownership of Saleen automobiles, the preservation and recording of the history of Saleen automobiles, and celebration of the Saleen racing heritage.

We welcome all Saleen owners, and automotive enthusiasts to the club.

The Saleen Club Of America launches on January 1, 2004, and we are accepting membership applications at this time. Everyone is welcome to join us.

If you send in your membership applications, and they are received before December 14th, you will receive the special Charter Member Issue of the Club Magazine, PoweRRR.

Please check out the Club website linked below in my signature. (www.SaleenClubOfAmerica.com)

Hope to see you at the events!

=====================================================

For those who have already sent in membership applications:
An email has gone out tonight to all the club members giving you an update on the status of the club.

If you did not receive the email, please contact the club at [email protected] to determine if the problem was not receiving your application, or if the club has an incorrect email address for you.

SCOAlogo.gif

Thanks,

• Sponsors (?)

Head Paneer said:
Congratulations, Mike. :nice:

I know it’s been a long time coming.

Guess it’s time to add to the signature.

:banana:

Thank you. While I can only take a small part of the credit, I am happy to be involved with this.

I am looking forward to being the first president, but more importantly, being a long time member of the club.

I assume that I will see you at the Saleen Club Of America Saleen Fest West in April.

Looking forward to meeting everyone at the events!

I have been a member of a Saleen Club since April 2002 when I was at the Knotts Show in California. Is this the same club? Back when I joined it was called Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club.

I was speaking with several people from the club. I think I spoke with the president of the club and also a very nice lady that worked for Saleen Inc. Both of the ladies that I talked too told me about all of the exciting things that the club and Saleen Inc. do together. Thats the reason that I joined the club.

John

Damn, they put my car on the cover of the newsletter, I guess I better get off
my dead ass and join already :D

BTW, this is a different club than SOEC. SOEC has been at a basic standstill
for so long that a group of owners got together to form SCOA. We're hoping
to take this club where we view SOEC should have gone.

likefastcars said:
I have been a member of a Saleen Club since April 2002 when I was at the Knotts Show in California. Is this the same club? Back when I joined it was called Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club.

I was speaking with several people from the club. I think I spoke with the president of the club and also a very nice lady that worked for Saleen Inc. Both of the ladies that I talked too told me about all of the exciting things that the club and Saleen Inc. do together. Thats the reason that I joined the club.

John

As Ted mentioned, we are a different club.

We have events planned scattered around the country, with more events in the works.

To learn more about the Saleen Club Of America please visit the clubs website: www.SaleenClubOfAmerica.com There is a FAQ page on the site that should answer most of your questions, and a page about membership. If you have any questions, feel free to post questions here.

The clubs "main" email server is currently having some problems, so, to reach us via email at this time please contact us at [email protected]

The "cover" you saw above was from our "Charter Member" issue of the clubs magazine that went out in December. We have our next magazine due out in February.

Thanks for your interest!

Acheron315 said:
Any events planned for the Southeast (Charlotte, Atlanta, etc)? We get left out a lot of times, most of the Saleen stuff is firmly located in California.

SCOA has major events planned for the Mid-Atlantic Region(DC-Richmond) in July and the Mid-West (Indiana) in August. Our Mid-Atlantic Region did a "Turkey Trot" car cruise in November and we have a couple of ideas for this spring. Not everything happens in California. :D

The Southest Region (your area) may have some things in the works too. This is your chance it get involved make sure things do occur in your area. :nice: If you have got an idea for an activity, there are plenty of people in the club who can help you organize an event, even me. :p

Why didn't the group of owners get involved with the other club that was already established? I think that they had said that the club has been around for something like 7 years?

It seemed to me that everyone that I met at the show was very nice and explained what activates that the club and Saleen do together that only members can attend.

Does this new SCOA club have the hook-up with Saleen as well? I think its great that a manufacture like Saleen to be so involved with a club like SOEC.

Thanks for all your info. :nice:
John

Without airing a LOT of dirty laundry....

Numerous owners have tried to work with SOEC. The leadership of the club has been
a bit remiss, and I'll leave it at that. You can only bang your head against a brick wall
for so long before you get a headache and stop doing it. I joined 2 years ago. I got
a sticker from them. A few months later, I got a flyer about an SOEC sponsored show that had
happened 2 weeks prior. Then I got a dues renewal notice from them. I have never
received *anything* else from SOEC. What's the point?

Please allow me to try and address some of your questions and concerns.

likefastcars said:
Why didn't the group of owners get involved with the other club that was already established? I think that they had said that the club has been around for something like 7 years?

While both clubs are based around the Saleen product, I think they do differ in nature. Many members of the Saleen Club Of America are current or past members of SOEC. The goals and ideas of the group that helped form the Saleen Club Of America are in line with what I think a car club should be, and I am happy to be the innaugural president of the club. The formation group was made up of Saleen owners, other "car guys", and "business leaders" who between them have hundreds of years of car club membership/management experience between them. Many were like me, and have been or still are members in clubs related to Mustangs, other Fords, Shelby cars, Corvettes, Ferraris, Porsches and more. I think what you will find with the Saleen Club Of America is a cumulation of the good ideas and lessons learned with many of the other clubs rolled up into a new club that is designed to celebrate everything that is Saleen related.

SOEC has actually been around since 1993.

likefastcars said:
It seemed to me that everyone that I met at the show was very nice and explained what activates that the club and Saleen do together that only members can attend.

We are having our Saleen Fest West the weekend of the Knott's Show, and information can be found on the Saleen Club Of America website. You might even see some familiar faces.

likefastcars said:
Does this new SCOA club have the hook-up with Saleen as well? I think its great that a manufacture like Saleen to be so involved with a club like SOEC.

Thanks for all your info. :nice:
John

While many of us know and talk to Liz and Steve on a "regular" basis, the club is a seperate organization from Saleen Inc.

We currently do not have any agreements at this time to do any joint functions with Saleen Inc, but do look to participate with the new owners of Saleen in the future to celebrate the marque.

I hope that helps answer some of your questions. As always, if you have more, please feel free to ask.

Just a friendly reminder that Charter Memberships are almost coming to a close, then it will be the standard memberships. Charter membership is open to ALL!

In order to make sure you have charter membership status please have your membership application post marked by January 31, 2004. Yes, that is 1 week away! The time to procrastinate has come to an end.

You will want to make sure you do not hesitate, as you will not want to miss the February issue of PoweRRR which is slated to feature an interview with former Saleen race car driver (and now Ford minivan pitchman) Rick Titus, a road test and review of the Saleen SA-20 and more.

To contact the club via email please email: [email protected]

Thanks on behalf of everyone involved with the Saleen Club Of America!

Saleen Mike said:
Just a friendly reminder that Charter Memberships are almost coming to a close, then it will be the standard memberships. Charter membership is open to ALL!

In order to make sure you have charter membership status please have your membership application post marked by January 31, 2004. Yes, that is 1 week away! The time to procrastinate has come to an end.

You will want to make sure you do not hesitate, as you will not want to miss the February issue of PoweRRR which is slated to feature an interview with former Saleen race car driver (and now Ford minivan pitchman) Rick Titus, a road test and review of the Saleen SA-20 and more.

To contact the club via email please email: [email protected]

Thanks on behalf of everyone involved with the Saleen Club Of America!

I just wanted to let everyone know that the Saleen Club Of America has extended the time that they are allowing Charter Membership sign-up until March 1, 2004.

Membership forms can be found on the club website: http://www.SaleenClubOfAmerica.com

Thanks!

Saleen Mike said:
I just wanted to let everyone know that the Saleen Club Of America has extended the time that they are allowing Charter Membership sign-up until March 1, 2004.

Membership forms can be found on the club website: http://www.SaleenClubOfAmerica.com

Thanks!

Just a friendly reminder that there is about 2 weeks left to join as a Charter Member of The Saleen Club Of America.

Charter Membership is open to ALL owners & dreamers!

We just finished work on our first full-sized (over 30 pages) issue of the club magazine.
It has gone to the printers and we hope to have it in the mail by the end of the month.
It's still not too late to join the club and receive this premier issue of PoweRRR.

Here's a sneak peek at the cover:

CoversmlFEB04.jpg

Blip said:
We just finished work on our first full-sized (over 30 pages) issue of the club magazine.
It has gone to the printers and we hope to have it in the mail by the end of the month.
It's still not too late to join the club and receive this premier issue of PoweRRR.

Here's a sneak peek at the cover:

CoversmlFEB04.jpg

Looking forward to reading the full magazine, I have seen parts of it :)

Another friendly reminder that there is about 1 week left to get your membership forms postmarked for Charter membership in the SCOA.

Everyone that has their forms postmarked by March 1 will get a copy of the premier issue of PoweRRR.

Hi All,

Another friendly reminder that TOMORROW is the final day get your membership forms postmarked for Charter membership in the SCOA.

Everyone that has their forms postmarked by March 1 will get a copy of the premier issue of PoweRRR that is pictured below.

If you do not get your membership form in the mail tomorrow, you can still join the club, just not as a Charter Member.

There are starting to be lots of events planned all around the country, so please check out the events schedule on the clubs website.

See you at the events!