Accident / potentially "Totaled"

Riot

Apr 29, 2012
Girlfriend wrecked my 04 Mustang GT (automatic), on an on-ramp for 264E in VA, the estimate from the body shop is around +2100.00 from just the aesthetics. I left work to get her and the car and when I got in the driver seat to drive it to a safer location and the engine wouldn't rev higher than 4k RPM. I lurked on google and some people say it's possibly spark plugs, but there is a severe loss of power and it would'nt shift out of 2nd. Should I expect this to be a total loss?

• Sponsors (?)

If only you had signed up with us sooner. :nonono:

image.axd

Riot:

The red oil could be ATF (auto trans fluid) and that's why the car is not shifting.

Take a look under the car and see if you can confirm the source of the fluid.

Welcome to StangNet and sorry to hear about the accident. Hopefully, your GF was not injured.

On the bright side, you can get a heck of a deal on a '12 Mustang these days, lol.

Chris

Riot:

The red oil could be ATF (auto trans fluid) and that's why the car is not shifting.

Take a look under the car and see if you can confirm the source of the fluid.

Welcome to StangNet and sorry to hear about the accident. Hopefully, your GF was not injured.

On the bright side, you can get a heck of a deal on a '12 Mustang these days, lol.

Chris
I no longer have the ability to confirm the damages besides the video that I had taken. Where is the red-fluid you were referring to? I'm glad everyone on this forum doesn't attack newbies with: "why didn't you search for similar threads first?" She's not hurt. Define "heck of a deal" hahah.

Is the transmission stuck in 2nd only, as in it won't go in first or third? It's difficult to see the damage since the camera was so close. Your front wheels are supposed to tilt inward, maybe you never noticed, and the back wheel looks fine unless it wobbles and you should've felt the vibration. Did the engine cut off at exactly 4k? It might be in limp mode or need the fuel button reset.

That looks like the McD's off Lynnhaven.