Adding new door speakers...wire question

04gtdrop

Jun 10, 2005
Sac, CA
I blew out a factory door speaker (Mach 460) on my 2004 GT Convert. I decided that it would be better to just buy new door speakers and tweeters.

I was wondering what kind of wire do you guys recomend that I use when installing the new speakers? My friend is going to help me put them in, since I know next to nothing about stereo installs.

Also any idea of how much wire I will need. I want to replace the front and rear speakers.

What kind of door speakers and amps are YOU guys running?

Thanks StangNet :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

I just used the factory wires? Had to cut plug off the end but works great. That is if your keeping the 460 system? I changed all factory speakers to Kicker comp. then tied into rear speakers with a RCA converter running to my amp an put one 10" in the trunk? Still have the clean factory look of everything. An saved not having to buy another amp. Just used the factory mach amps?

I didn't like the stock stuff so i re-did the whole car. i'm running a Pioneer head unit with Infinity components in the front powered by a 2 ch kenwood amp, and a 12" Type R in a ported box with a 500 watt Polk mono amp pushing it.

When in doubt, run a heavier gauge wire, wires don't cost that much between gauges of wire diameter. Just as long as your fused rating stays the same.

Chances are your wiring is fine but you have to look at the power outputs. A potentiometer (high/low converter) may be necessary. This is the wrong forum for this.