Adjust headlights?

• Sponsors (?)

Detailed instructions are on pg 34 of the owner's manual. Basically there is a vertical adjuster on the back/inside of each headlamp that you use a 7mm allen wrench or phillips screwdriver on.

glewis29 said:
Detailed instructions are on pg 34 of the owner's manual. Basically there is a vertical adjuster on the back/inside of each headlamp that you use a 7mm allen wrench or phillips screwdriver on.

Thanks! I guess I been spending too much time on the internet...didn't even think to check my own glovebox for this info.

I wonder, has anyone else noticed their headlights seem a bit low?

I always thought they just weren't the brightest bulbs, until recently I noticed as I would drive slowly over speedbumps and the front-end raised up, my headlights got alot brighter.

The height of the top of the beams is supposed to be the same as the midpoint of the headlamp at 25 ft.

And oddly enough, I used a copy of the users manual I found on the internet with google :) Best of both worlds!

So I adjusted my headlights last nite, raised them up a bit. For me it is a big improvement! I'm really happy, seems like I have new headlights. I'm not blinding any other drivers, the brightness seems comparable to other cars around me. Definately not as bright as the SUVs with their array of headlights beaming.

glewis29 said:
Did you set them up as outlined in the book, or did you just raise them a bit? I personally haven't had any problems with the factory setting.

They really didn't seem like bulb-height at 25ft, but no I didn't actually measure anything. Just faced the car at a wall and raised them up. Then I drove it for awhile and felt they were a bit too high, so lowered them back down a bit. Now they seem much better.