Advice on Engine Dress up

matty

Mar 23, 2001
Edmonton, Canada
I think since I'm not going to be getting the supercharger for a little bit at least, that I'd like to at least dress up the engine bay to make it look a little nicer. The first thing I'm thinking that I will do is get the OEM ford plenum cover (thoughts? I've looked at the Midwest Plenum covers but I can't seem to justify the extra cost, I haven't seen them in person but in pictures they don't look too much different, unless I wanted a custom color, but since my car is black I think the OEM will look pretty good, plus I like the chrome running pony).

I've also looked at the steeda radiator cover ( http://www.steeda.com/products/steeda_radiator_cover_s197.php ) but can't decide to go brushed or bright chrome. Do you guys think that mixing brushed and bright chrome will look ok (since my AFE Stage II has the brushed cover on it).

I'm looking at is new caps, and again can't decide what would look best. I've looked at the Shelby/Scott Drake parts but since they're aluminum they still look more brushed to me than bright chrome, if I got those caps do you think it would look tacky if I were to get the bright chrome radiator cover? I've searched the internet but haven't really found any other caps that I've really liked as much as the Shelby design although they are pretty darned expensive for the set.

Lastly has anyone seen (or happen to have a set of pictures) of the FRPP ignition coil covers installed on our cars? I can only find pictures of the part seperately.

Thanks again for all your help, on another note I can't wait to pick my car up tonight I dropped it off to get the Roush suspension kit installed today and it feels like Christmas :-D.

Cheers,
Matt

• Sponsors (?)

I think you will be very happy with your Roush suspension, I put mine in and it made a big difference. As far as the underhood dress up stuff, I know a lot of people like the strut kits to replace the prop rod. I have a chrome strut tower brace that I had to take off my car when I supercharged it, but I got a lot of positive comments about that when people saw it. It also stiffens up the front end of the car which is nice. If you are interested in it let me know. Of the underhood stuff you mentioned I would probably choose the radiator cover over the other ones.