after bolting upper manifold back on...some problems....

VIPERn94Five-0

Founding Member
Apr 28, 2002
Poughkeepsie, NY
well i drove the car and im not happy i got a CE light and the car seemed a little sluggish....and i had it at like 30 and punched it in 5th (ya know the classis check for pinging test just incase) well it studdered like a MOTHER(i know its bogging but it never studdered like that.....any ideas???

Anthony

• Sponsors (?)

ok i think i found my problem....the electronics that plug into the EGR......my buddy was giving the engine bay a once over to see if i missed anything and found that just hanging....would that cause the problems i was describing???(CEL a studder???)

Check your plugs/wires. If you have one that isn't firing, you'll get that stutter when you try to accelerate. Been there, done that, got the T-shirt.

Failing that, also make sure you've got all the vacuum lines connected properly.

Dave

Most likely. You should run a scanner on it and see why the CE light is on. I left my ACT sensor and my temp guage sensor (little itty bitty connection on the lower) undone. Ran like sheeeet. I'd start it, it'd run rough as hell at idle and then it would just die. Plugged them back up and let the battery sit for a while and it did fine after that.

red94fiveo said:
Theres a real quick way to find out. Get that sensor plugged in and let her rip!
lol!....well my dad drove it this morning when i went out with the girlfriend....the CEL didnt come on and he said the car ran much better...so that seems like its that....im still gonna drop by at autozone and have a buddy scan her just to see whats up.....

Anthony

When I remove first time upper intake ,after I put together I have problem with idle , I been try fixed that damn thing 5 times , but idle is F*** *** now , rpms going too slow from 1750 down to 900rpms