Aftermarket Exhaust Drone?????

With equal length headers, X-pipe, hi-flow cats, 21/2" pipes & Borla cat-back----my 95 'vert has a really annoying cabin-filling drone at 2000 rpms.
I see where the newer Mustangs have their mufflers at the back, & I'm wondering if the aftermarket exhaust drone is still there--OR---if the 2010floorpan insulation is better---if the rear muffler placement cuts drone---and if the sound goes outside where it belongs?

• Sponsors (?)

I just installed a Pypes mid muffler setup in my 2010, because i have not heard a 2005+ stang with the mufflers installed in the wrong place that sounded good to me.

I have no drone, some resonance on acceleration, but no drone at a steady cruise, at any rpm. even up an 8% grade in od (in other words, under load) steady throttle, no drone. i was very suprised.

The 2010 for sure has drone at 2000 rpm. It was real bad with the Roush and even present (alot less) with my Magnaflows. The Roush had just resonators under the cabin and the Magnaflows are just replacement mufflers in the back but both have drone at 2000. Many systems will have a drone at 2000, must be the nature resonate frequency of this body style.

Joe