ALL FORD SHOW Day 1 & Day 2

Hiker

Aug 4, 2006
Gilbert,AZ
Well...it really filled in overnight. The floor was full. About 400 cars. Some really neat stuff. Ford Motor Sports was there with a Shelby coupe and convertable. No strips yet on the convertables as someone mentioned in here a couple weeks ago. They did have the new Shelby GT. Seems like a poor mans version of a GT500. Check out the shift knob. Old retro Hurst white ball....I thought that was pretty cool. Lots of older Shelbys showed up and numerous custom/retro Stangs. Also lots of old big bodied big block racers. Took me 4 hours to make one lap.
The last picture of the air cleaner and valve covers I tossed in cause the guy was selling them for $50/set. Didn't know if that was a good deal.

I reduced them to 750 this time. Hope 750 is not to big. I do have a 2500 x 2000 of the front end of the Ford GT. Make's a great desktop pic if anyone wants a copy.

d1.JPG

d2.JPG

d3.JPG

d5.JPG

d6.JPG

d7.JPG

d8.JPG

d9.JPG

d10.JPG

d11.JPG

d12.JPG

d13.JPG

d14.JPG

d16.JPG

d17.JPG

d19.JPG

d20.JPG

d21.jpg

d22.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

ALL FORD SHOW Day 1

Made the trek cross town in traffic this morning.

What a thrill it was to drive down the ramp thru the tunnel into the domed stadium. I arrived somewhat early. By mid day there was about 125 cars and filling in fast along with vendors and swappers. Swap area was smaller then I hoped for.

Attached are a few pics from today:

Pics are cut at 800 wide..may be alittle too wide for some. If you can go full screen..it reall helps..

c1.JPG

c2.JPG

c3.JPG

c4.JPG

c5.JPG

c6.JPG

c7.JPG

c8.JPG

c9.jpg

c10.jpg

c11.JPG

c12.JPG

c13.JPG

c14.JPG

c15.JPG

I can't host high res pics. They eat too much memory. I downsize all the pics to 750-800, but the originals are 2500x2000. I can email you one though. I can get more pics tomorrow of the 68. It was sweet.

What kinda camera are you using?

And what program are you using to downsize the picture? They are great pictures and all.... but whatever you are using to shrink them is leaving the pictures very jagged and pixelated...

Hiker said:
I use a Nikon Coolpix 5000. I use my Olympus software to reduce the size. Any suggestions on a better why? This is the only way I know of right now. Thx for the tip.
You really need a program like Photoshop.. (Though I am sure there are other good "free" ones out there.. sorry I don't know which ones though).

Just a shame that your camera is so awesome (better than my Canon 300D) and that the Olympus software is messing up the photos.

I would do a search... maybe on www.download.com for the best freeware photo editor..

Or if you computer savy I am sure you can find a way around "buying" photoshop and just download it.

I'll check into Photoshop. I do have Jasc Paint shop. I'll play with that. I also heard if I covert to TIFF and downsize a TIFF pic, I loose no pic quality.

I never download anything off the net... Remember..nothing is free. It may look free, but some hidden is a adware such as Gator of something else.

Also.. I noticed what you're talking about, the pictures being very jagged and pixelated. All pics do that at some size depending on your screen set-up. I can take a 2500 x 2000 that is super clear..downsixe it to 2000 x 1600 and certain lines look choppy. Then I downsize it again to 1600 x 1200 and everything is perfect. Alot has to do with your screen settings.

Perfect example is my car below. On my screen the white side strip is choppy because of the size of the pic and my screen settings. If I would enlarge or downsize it the strip would be perfect. Is the strip choppy on your screen?

I am seeing jagged edges on both my home computer and my work computer.

It is not the worst thing ever.... but your camera takes such nice pictures... it would be good if you had a program that could shrink them and keep them looking clean.

those pics are great! looks like it'll turn into a really nice event!

and if I could get more/larger pics of that candy 68 that'd be awesome too :D ithaca00 ... @ ... hotmail ... .com

oh, regarding the photo resizing, it looks like you've got it worked out but irfanview is a really nice program. It's been around for ages, is free and as far as I can tell there's no hidden software/spyware with it. :nice:

Great looking cars, some really high quality stuff. Doesn't look like 400 of em though.

The pice look pretty good to me. It's just lo-res internet stuff, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Photoshop has a program called Elements 4.0 that I use for my Nikon D70s SLR. It cost $79 at Amazon, and it is basically a stripped down Photoshop for photographers.