Aluminum Door Sill?

• Sponsors (?)

They snap on. Quite easy to do. My dealer sold me the upgraded sills for slightly over cost. Interestingly enough, one side costs more than the other. They are simply mirror images of each other. The parts guys thought it was strange too.

stanmckinney said:
They snap on. Quite easy to do. My dealer sold me the upgraded sills for slightly over cost. Interestingly enough, one side costs more than the other. They are simply mirror images of each other. The parts guys thought it was strange too.

Stan, by chance you wouldn't happen to have the part numbers for these bad boys would ya? These are the brushed aluminum type inserts correct? I've been looking high and low for a post by a forum member who had the part numbers for these...

My dealer let me have them at a little over cost. Worth asking. He should be willing to give you a discount if you bought your car there. Also, items ordered from Ford have no shipping charges added on. That can make a real difference in price.

bigcat said:
anyone have a pic of these?

like this:
doorsill.jpg

door%20sill.jpg

looks good, i have seen different colored inserts for them on ebay from auto trim design. i couldnt figure out where they got the aluminum sills form, the auction was only for the letter inserts. now i know.

I think I paid about $35 for the pair. I'm not certain, though, but that seems about right. Again, I got them for a little above cost. I'm bought enough vehicles from my dealer to earn a good discount on parts. Ask, all they can do is say no.

just trying to get an estimate, i work for the dealership name (not the ford store) so i can get employee pricing, just didnt have an idea of how much they cost...