American Muscle Issue

MUSTANGLOVER73

Feb 3, 2008
I bought a cervinis hood from American Muscle. It came pretty quickly..no problem. Took car and the hood to the paint shop. The shop opens the box and one of the 2 screens that is supposed to come with the car is missing. No prob...honest mistake. I call AM and tell them about this last monday. They say we will have one shipped out today from cevinis. OK, cervinis is in NJ and im in Maryland. 2 days shipping max. I wait until Thursday...still nothing. I call AM. They say it should be there by tomorrow. Friday...nothing...call AM...we will make sure that it is sent out today and i will email you a tracking number for it today....i call AM 15 minutes before they close and tell them i still havent received my tracking number.AM says...im sorry, the guy who handles these things for us just left but it will definately be there Monday. Monday...nothing...I call AM...it will be there tomorrow. I threaten to call the BBB, post on here about my experience and call my credit card company. Theres nothing we can do, it will be there tomorrow. Tuesday, nothing...call AM...same song and dance. I tell them that this is terrible and if they really wanted to make it right that all they had to do was open one of the other 9 of the same hood that they had in stock and send me the piece. AM says..sorry we dont do that (read between the lines..we dont give a sh#t). I finally get sick of dealing with AM. Theyre customer service is a joke and call Cervinis. They told me it was going to cost me 9 bucks to get the piece because they had no record of me buying the piece from AM and they have never gotten a call from them on this matter. Are you kidding me? In the meantime...I paid the shop to keep it in the shop (i dont have a garage)so that i wouldnt get rain under my hood on my $30,000 car. Now i had to get it out because the guy had to do his work and my car is outside in a mess of rain and snow. Thanks American Muscle!!! :bs:

• Sponsors (?)

Wow... that is quite the story.

I hate it when customer "service" people tell you they "can't do that." What a bunch of BS... a company can do whatever it wants, period. Especially if it is to ensure customer satisfaction.

The only thing I have ordered from AM is a shift knob and hood pins. Fortunately, those came without a hitch.

Did you eventually cancel the order or are you still waiting for the screen?

Pay the $9, are you kidding me?? Thats why we as a society we love ebay and google to find the CHEAPEST price possible......who cares if someplace buys opened bulk products, and blemished products for cheap or low quality crap from across the planet...as long as the consumer can save a buck or two why buy good stuff or direct from manufacturer.... I agree you should've paid the $9 instead of a week and a half of bull**** and chalked this one up in lessons learned column of sometimes you get what you pay for. :flag:

They could be forgiven for all except one thing, the continous lieing. There's no excuss to keep lieing to someone. If they couldn't get the parts for 2 weeks or a month, then they should of just said so, but to string someone along day after day is pure BS. They should of cracked a box and sent this guy his parts as to complete a deal that they had allready made and was paid for. I may get ripped off in the future, but it won't be from them, I'm standing with this guy.

That sucks bro. I hate bad customer service. I have been dealing with some shotty customer service myself with a different vendor who shall remain anonymous until my products arrive in one piece.

As for American Muscle, I have purchased only small items from them inlcuding Foot Pedals and the TPMS bands. They delivered those to me quickly and on-time without issue. When it comes to big ticket items such as wheels, hoods etc...I recommend going to the manufacturer. I would buy a hood from Cervinis, not from a third party company. I know you probably saved a buck or two, but in the end, is it worth the hassle?

Good luck man. I think they should make it right and just send you the damn piece you are missing and send it overnight. Even if the missing part was not there fault, you bought it from them so it is their reputation on the line.

Apex

I just purchase new wheels and tires from AM with no problems. A guy I work with bought some wheels and one came with a ding in the lip. AM replaced ASAP.

I would ask to talk to the customer service manager and explain to them you feel you have been lied to and you just want an honest answer not the run around.

I've never, ever, had a problem with American Muscle/Mustang Tuning. I've been dealing with them for 4 years now. When I look for a car part, the first place I look is AM. I would say this is a Cervini's issue. While Cervini's makes great parts, their customer service is absolutely terrible. American Muscle was probably just telling you what they were being told by the Cervini's reps. If you've ever been in their forums or emailed them, you'd know that they don't even speak English all that well. I could be wrong, but I think the problem here is Cervini's, and unfortunately, AM got caught in the middle.

SAme here, ive been dealing with AM since ive owned a stang, never one problem , ive had body kits, rims, and all my tires from them, there the first place I go to, to get anything for my car.. I think you just got some cum bubble who was new and didnt want to do there job. None the less call again this week, ask for a service manager or floor manager (call center) and explain what happen, and you would like to know exactly why this happend.. and mayby get some free **** out of it ! Good luck with what every do.. but AM in my opion is great sorry to hear you got the bad apple man!

I've purchased from AM for several years and always had great service. As a matter of fact I just bought my Cervins ram air hood from them last week. Ordered it on Sunday, shipped on Mon, and arrived on Wed. I can understand why they dont open the box after seeing the packaging on mine. The vents you are referring to are packed and taped in the bottom of the hood box. There is all kinds of foam packing that is impossible to get repacked once you take the hood out, I tried. As of AM lieing, maybe they are getting the run around from Cervins? Not to defend them but dont label them due to one issue. Call and ask to speak to someone in charge and see if that works.

I've never had a problem with AM. I ordered Smoked Headlights and they didn't fit right, they sent me (next day) two new sets to make sure i got one that fit. Paid for all the shipping. They are great! I dont know what asshat you talked to.

I bought a cervinis hood from American Muscle. It came pretty quickly..no problem. Took car and the hood to the paint shop. The shop opens the box and one of the 2 screens that is supposed to come with the car is missing. No prob...honest mistake. I call AM and tell them about this last monday. They say we will have one shipped out today from cevinis. OK, cervinis is in NJ and im in Maryland. 2 days shipping max. I wait until Thursday...still nothing. I call AM. They say it should be there by tomorrow. Friday...nothing...call AM...we will make sure that it is sent out today and i will email you a tracking number for it today....i call AM 15 minutes before they close and tell them i still havent received my tracking number.AM says...im sorry, the guy who handles these things for us just left but it will definately be there Monday. Monday...nothing...I call AM...it will be there tomorrow. I threaten to call the BBB, post on here about my experience and call my credit card company. Theres nothing we can do, it will be there tomorrow. Tuesday, nothing...call AM...same song and dance. I tell them that this is terrible and if they really wanted to make it right that all they had to do was open one of the other 9 of the same hood that they had in stock and send me the piece. AM says..sorry we dont do that (read between the lines..we dont give a sh#t). I finally get sick of dealing with AM. Theyre customer service is a joke and call Cervinis. They told me it was going to cost me 9 bucks to get the piece because they had no record of me buying the piece from AM and they have never gotten a call from them on this matter. Are you kidding me? In the meantime...I paid the shop to keep it in the shop (i dont have a garage)so that i wouldnt get rain under my hood on my $30,000 car. Now i had to get it out because the guy had to do his work and my car is outside in a mess of rain and snow. Thanks American Muscle!!! :bs:

Whoa, a little AM bashing session here? :( I am sorry to hear you had a bad experience, but it sounds like the underlying problem is Cirvinis not shipping out the replacement part when we told them to, which I definitely intend on finding out why.

Obviously we have nothing to gain from allegedly lying to you, so I do not believe anyone here would intentionally lie about anything. I do believe there is some sort of miscommunication going on between us and Cirvinis, and for whatever reason, this was not able to be conveyed to you properly. If you can PM me with your order number I can get to the bottom of this and try to figure out what is going on.

As far as being unable to pull parts out of an existing kit, except when we cannot get a replacement piece from the manufacturer, we usually do not do this because we only sell brand new parts. If we cut open an existing kit, we would not be able to sell it as a new sealed unit because I don't know about you, but I would not want to receive a "new" part that had been sliced open and scuttled.

This is usually not an issue though as our manufactures will ship out the replacement piece the same day most of the time for us. This is what should have happened with Cirvinis, so I am not sure what is going on, but I will definitely check into it for you and get to the bottom of it if you can PM me your order information.

Nick

AM Forum Liaison

I've never had a problem with AM. I ordered Smoked Headlights and they didn't fit right, they sent me (next day) two new sets to make sure i got one that fit. Paid for all the shipping. They are great! I dont know what asshat you talked to.

We always strive for the best customer service...PM me the name of this "asshat" and I will take care of them!

Nick

AM Forum Liaison

I had a box missing a part from AM once. Instead of calling them, I went straight to the source, called the manufacturer of the part, and they made it right. Even threw in a t-shirt for the trouble. I've had good dealings with AM and wouldn't hesitate going back again. I say next time, try going straight to the manufacture of the part first.

AM's free 2008 calendar was sweet!

AM's free 2008 calendar was sweet!

AM lost me as a customer over that Free Calendar scandal. Being a Canadian member of Stangnet, that Calendar was NOT free for us, I don't recall exactly what the charge was but it was outrageous. I refused to pay it as I was a previous customer of AM.

That Calender was free for Stangnet members, no where was it ever stated that it was free for Stangnet members who are from the US. I had an arguement with AMEmilie over that calendar crap.

Having said that, I am not surprised to see others having issues with AM. They showed how much they care about their customers with that Calendar crap...

I am surprised that this thread exists here and has not been deleted or locked...