amp doesnt turn off, will it frain my batt???

LUCAFU1

Founding Member
Apr 19, 2001
Tucson
i just wired a basslink amp/sub combo. i ran the remote to the radio fuse because i thought it would turn on and off with the ignition. im no electrical pro. but the amp power light stays on w/out the keys. will the drain the battery? i was gonna run it to my cig plugs but they stay on too, my radar detector stays on all night, no problems so far. so will i be ok? i have a 03 cobra, is there a better place for the remote wire? i dont know how to take out the radio and i really dont want to screw it up either. thanx

• Sponsors (?)

Your amp isn't drawing much of a current while it is not being fed signal from the receiver so it probably won't kill it every time you leave it...but it isn't a good idea. You need to do it the right way, I suggest taking it to a local shop and having them do it...they won't charge you that much and it will be wired correctly.

just plug the amp signal wire to a wire thats only on when the stereos on, get a cheapo multi meter if u dont have one and touch a wire thats off whens the stereos off then that wire should be on when the stereos on, very simple.