Anderson PMS

Discussion in '1994 - 1995 Specific Tech' started by 94mustangcobra, May 11, 2009.

1. 94mustangcobra

94mustangcobra Member

Just need some direction and some advice on tuning with a Gen 4 PMS. I've never tuned my own stuff before and i'm currently SCT tuned. Is this something that'll be easy for a newbie to pick up on or do I really need to research hard before installing it and starting at ground zero?
  2. ProKiller

ProKiller Founding Member

well if you buy it from AFM, they will give you a basic tune to get you going. From there you can teak it a bit. The tune i got from Rick was actually damn good for the 331 blower combo i have now. your best bet though is to get a wideband sensor to be able to actually see what is going on.

the unit itself is fairly easy to use. its more so knowing what to adjust is where the tricky part can be.
  3. str8stang036

str8stang036 New Member

stangtuning.com is the place you want to lean much more about the PMS.
  4. 94mustangcobra

94mustangcobra Member

yeah i bought it used so i'm starting from scratch, but thanks for the tuning site!
  5. str8stang036

str8stang036 New Member

Just like Prokiller said, you can call Anderson and tell Rick you just bought a PMS. Tell him you need to get a base tune for your car. It cost $50 and its good for a year. He will fax you a spec sheet and then he will send you a base tune.