(another one of "those" questions)part 2

boondocksaint

Aug 31, 2003
ok, was going through my reciepts and i did put a new timing belt on 1 month ago(i thought it looked new) pulled,cleaned and re gapped my plugs, and re-did my timing(unplugging the spout of course) set at 10 deg. btdc. still ran the same. was leaning in manually hitting the throttle and could here a whistle when i would start to rock it back to give it gas. almost like a vaccume leak. well the whistling or sucking is comeing from the egr valve, the whistle happens at the exact moment it starts to bog. anyone know what i can clean the egr valve with, the valve is good but i think the sensors bad,so i have another one but would like to clean the egr valve but dont want to screw it up. can anyone give me any info on a safe solvent or cleaner for the egr? also can someone tell me what hole(s) the jumper wire goes in the self test and what wire goes to the other connector. thanks in advance

• Sponsors (?)

replaced the egr sensor with the one that was on it, and the car runs better. has good take off power in 1st, 2nd is just a bit sluggish, 3rd, 4th and 5th are fine. not going to worry about it, just painted it last week. refurbished the interior,so now i will sell it. thanks for the help. need to get back on my '68 stang, shes been soooo neglected lately