Another Project

04YELLOWGT

Jun 29, 2005
Indiana
Well guys I started tearing apart my little 2.3 for paint. I will most likely do the motor in a year or two but I like spending $15-$25 every three weeks on gas.

Any ways here is what she looked like when I got her.

View attachment 288883

View attachment 288885

View attachment 288887

And here is what she looks like after about 3 days of working on her a few hours a day. I actually have the rear bumper, tail lights, and black moldings off too just took the pics before I pulled them. This is the first fox I've tore into so I'm just kind of wining it. LOL

View attachment 288889

View attachment 288891

View attachment 288893

View attachment 288895

View attachment 288897

I'm going to two tone it with vapor silver and a custom "magnesium" color. I'm also painting the interior pieces black and grey (titanium?).

Anybody thats painted their interior with the 5.0resto stuff is that any good and how is it holding up?

Anyways I prolly have a few more days to go and she should be ready for paint.

More pics to come.

PS: I don't have a clever project name so any suggestions welcome. HAHA

• Sponsors (?)

Don't bother with 50resto paint. You have to pay 14.95 for shipping. Use some SEM or Duplicolor. You can find that locally and save the 14.95 shipping cost and put it towards something else. The prep work is the most important. Everything needs to be free of wax, silicone, and grease.

dyed panels ftw! my ole very is still kicking around with the dyed black interior over the blue that still looks like it did when i done it. if you want pics ill dig some up for you.

Whats your plans for this car?? Swap in a 5.0?

If my car came with the 4banger and ran good, i'd swap a turbo on it :)

I like the gas mileage its getting so I think I'll keep the 4 banger in it for awhile. I've honestly been thinking about buying a EcoBoost engine when they come out and be one of the first guys to do that swap. I think that would be sweet having 300hp and still getting 30+mpg.

Well the car is coming along and I'll have some progress pics up tomorrow.

I just picked up pretty much a full titanium interior to get rid of the blue.

Here is what I got for $230 I thought that was a pretty fair deal.

View attachment 285965

View attachment 285967

View attachment 285969

View attachment 285971

View attachment 285973

What I got for $230

Center Counsle
Hatchback plastics
Kick panles
Side Plastics (Not sure what they are called)
Door Sills/Scuff Plates
Door Panles
Cargo Shade
1/4 Windows

Not a bad deal. That stuff looks like its in great shape! I love the titanium color.

My car has a FULL blue interior. I decided to stick with it because of how clean it was. Its practically in mind condition :)

Not a bad deal. That stuff looks like its in great shape! I love the titanium color.

My car has a FULL blue interior. I decided to stick with it because of how clean it was. Its practically in mind condition :)

Yea its in good shape just needs to be cleaned up a little. Whats the best way to clean it? I figured just some soapy water and a soft brush for the plastics but wasn't sure what to use on the door panels.

My blue interior is in mint condition too. I just didn't think it would look right with the exterior colors. I think for my next project I'll do a blue car and use that interior.