anti-freeze hose

98_stang_guy

Apr 17, 2003
Wisconsin
this past weekend i got home from school and got to drive my car again. i pulled out of mcdonalds to notice that steam is just pouring out from under my hood, i pull into a gas station and anti-freeze was EVERYWHERE. after looking for about 15 mintues i finally found a hose that split. a hose right behind the coil pack. does anybody know the name of that hose or the part # or anything?

by the way, i played mcgyver and went to wal-mart and got some electrical tape, a garden hose and some hose clamps, patched 'er up and made er home...however i dont trust my african engineering for much longer.

• Sponsors (?)

98_stang_guy said:
this past weekend i got home from school and got to drive my car again. i pulled out of mcdonalds to notice that steam is just pouring out from under my hood, i pull into a gas station and anti-freeze was EVERYWHERE. after looking for about 15 mintues i finally found a hose that split. a hose right behind the coil pack. does anybody know the name of that hose or the part # or anything?

by the way, i played mcgyver and went to wal-mart and got some electrical tape, a garden hose and some hose clamps, patched 'er up and made er home...however i dont trust my african engineering for much longer.

Okay, it in going into the firewall?

If so it will be the heater coil hoses. Is your coil pack on teh driver/passengerside as well?

i didnt follow it all the way, but the rubber hose does lead to a steel hose that leads towards the firewall...my car is at home and im at school, if anyone has a good picture of an engine i could point it out...

If his 98 is like mine, the coil pack is mounted above the cam-position sensor. Probably just a heater bypass hose or something, you should be able to go to an auto parts place and ask someone in there to go out and check out which hose it is.

98CobraClone said:
If his 98 is like mine, the coil pack is mounted above the cam-position sensor. Probably just a heater bypass hose or something, you should be able to go to an auto parts place and ask someone in there to go out and check out which hose it is.
thats my problem...im at school a little over 3 hours from home (where my car is) and i would like to get that hose here at school and then i can go home, put the new hose on, and drain the water out of my system and put antifreeze in there asap so i dont forget about it and come home from school to a cracked block once winter comes...

this is the best picture i could find, you cant really see the hose but i showed where the hose is...its a rubber hose (about 6" long) that is connected to a steel hose at one end (passenger side) and it is hose clamped to some sort of fitting on the other end (drivers side)

Attachments

• blownhose.JPG
    blownhose.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 93
Mwahahah it is a heater Hose!!!! :D Its not too bad to change just take the ignition module houseing thingy off ( I know thats most likely not the proper name so what! :D )and vuala. I had to take that house off when my cam shaft position sensor went bad. You can get that at Advanced Auto Part :nice: "We're Ready in Advance" :flag: