Anti-theft mode on 2000 ford mustang

I have a 2000 ford mustang v6 and I think it’s in antitheft mode. We got the car for almost nothing because it would not start because they didn’t have the key so we had a lock cylinder and a locksmith come and program a key but the car still will not start. The driver side door won’t lock or unlock or the windows roll down. The theft light blinks 1-6 and the computer says can’t communicate with pcm we changed the ccrm and still nothing

• Sponsors (?)

Have you checked all the fuses ? The windows and door locks should work regardless of whether a key is programmed. Should be able to turn to accessory position and they should work. The pcm won't be locked out either. You need a good scanner though. The PATS has to be cleared and reset when a new key is programmed. All that goes through the OBD port.

Reactions: 1 user
Have you checked all the fuses ? The windows and door locks should work regardless of whether a key is programmed. Should be able to turn to accessory position and they should work. The pcm won't be locked out either. You need a good scanner though. The PATS has to be cleared and reset when a new key is programmed. All that goes through the OBD port.

So we got someone with a good computer to come read the code or to diagnose it. He said it’s the immobilizer ring that’s faulty. The locksmith that came out said he had one and put it on the car but it doesn’t work so idk if he even put the right one one there. I don’t know what the part number is for that car and I want to make sure I get the right one. How do I go about doing that. I can’t look at the part because the locksmith took it