Any Guesses on Horsepower?

I have an appointment for a dyno run this Saturday. I going mostly to see what kind of #'s I'm making with my boltons and also to check my Air/Fuel ratio. This will be interesting because I've always heard the 94-95 Cobra's were underated. I actually have a book by Jim Campisano called "20 Years of 5.0 Muscle" where he claims the 94-95 Cobra's made closer to 270bhp stock. I know this thing was no rocket ship when I got it. Heck I used to have a VR6 Volkswagen Corrado that would've run close against it stock. After doing exhaust, gears, and a custom chip to remap fuel tables, bump timing, and remove that darn tip-in-retard between shifts this thing really came alive. I've seen people with 94 95 cobras with the same mods as me make around 260 to the wheels. I hope I won't be disappointed. Any guesses to what I'll make? Let me know what you think. :nice: I'll post the #'s once I get them.

• Sponsors (?)

Hey, a fellow PA stanger. :nice: I'm taking it to AP Tuning in Lebanon, PA. They do work on mostly Audi's and VW's. It's fairly close to where I live and the only dyno I know of in the area. I wish CJ Pony Parts had one because they are relatively close. I hear they will in the near future.

Well lets just say I'm a little disappointed with the #'s I made. It went 241rwhp 281 TQ. (Around 280bhp). I was hoping to have at least 250-255rwhp. My car was running a little lean 14:1. Is this too lean for my car to run safely at WOT? The tuner said it wasn't too bad and running lean on a N/A car isn't as bad as say a turbo setup. Is this true, or B.S? Should I get an adjustable fuel pressure regulator to balance it out? Would putting the stock maf back on help my A/F ratio? Please help guys. Many Cobra guys said these cars were underrated from the factory, but I'm not so sure about that. If my car was underrated from the factory it wasn't by more than 10bhp. I will post the dyno sheet so you can see the A/F ratio. It's in my car and I'm too depressed to get it right now. :mad:

Ok so the stock CObra is rated only 20 HP total HIGHER than a GT. Stock a GT puts out around 180rwhp. So stock yours should put out approx..195 or so rwhp. You are 46rwhp HIGHER Than that! I'd say that it is posssible that yes the cobras are putting out more OR you picked the right mods. Now, lets take this apart:

BBK Shorty 1 5/8 .. - does almost nothing for our cars..5-10 on a cobra rwhp
BBK off-road h-pipe - maybe 10rwhp
Flowmaster American Thunder Cat-back - does nothing..maybe 5rwhp
FRPP 3.73's - not a HP mod
Mac underdrive pullies - maybe 10-15rwhp
BBK CAI - does nothing for the car
Ford Racing 65mm throttle body - good throttle response, questionablr gain
PMAS 75mm MAF - doesn't do a lot other than not being a bottleneck
Diablosport CMR Delta chip - depends on the tune.

The rest:
Steeda Tri-AX, Ford Racing Sub Frames, 180* thermostat, Mishimoto radiator, Nitto 275/40/17 Drag radials. - not HP mods.

So I'd say you are doing well!! Don't be depressed! lol. You can probably make another 20-30rwhps somewhere in there but that's in perfect running condition. Meaning your intake is not a bit clogged, your maf is completely clean, 02 sensors are in perfect condition, plugs are new..wires..etc..etc..

O, I would also port or get another intake o yours and you will rbably reach your goal in my o!

Ok so the stock CObra is rated only 20 HP total HIGHER than a GT. Stock a GT puts out around 180rwhp. So stock yours should put out approx..195 or so rwhp. You are 46rwhp HIGHER Than that! I'd say that it is posssible that yes the cobras are putting out more OR you picked the right mods. Now, lets take this apart:

BBK Shorty 1 5/8 .. - does almost nothing for our cars..5-10 on a cobra rwhp
BBK off-road h-pipe - maybe 10rwhp
Flowmaster American Thunder Cat-back - does nothing..maybe 5rwhp
FRPP 3.73's - not a HP mod
Mac underdrive pullies - maybe 10-15rwhp
BBK CAI - does nothing for the car
Ford Racing 65mm throttle body - good throttle response, questionablr gain
PMAS 75mm MAF - doesn't do a lot other than not being a bottleneck
Diablosport CMR Delta chip - depends on the tune.

The rest:
Steeda Tri-AX, Ford Racing Sub Frames, 180* thermostat, Mishimoto radiator, Nitto 275/40/17 Drag radials. - not HP mods.

So I'd say you are doing well!! Don't be depressed! lol. You can probably make another 20-30rwhps somewhere in there but that's in perfect running condition. Meaning your intake is not a bit clogged, your maf is completely clean, 02 sensors are in perfect condition, plugs are new..wires..etc..etc..

O, I would also port or get another intake o yours and you will rbably reach your goal in my o!

+1 that was my thoughts....except i thought the cobra was rated at 240 hp

I've never seen a 94-95 Cobra dyno only 195 stock. I've seen about 3 or so with no mods make around 220 rwhp stock. If you search for it you will find people that have dyno'd them stock or with very little mods. I know every car is a little different, but I've seen Cobras (same year as mine) make around 250-260 with boltons. GMKiller is one of them on this forum. He had nearly the same boltons as me and put down 265rwhp and 306TQ. I'm not saying I should get exactly that, but it should be fairly close.

I've never seen a 94-95 Cobra dyno only 195 stock. I've seen about 3 or so with no mods make around 220 rwhp stock. If you search for it you will find people that have dyno'd them stock or with very little mods. I know every car is a little different, but I've seen Cobras (same year as mine) make around 250-260 with boltons. GMKiller is one of them on this forum. He had nearly the same boltons as me and put down 265rwhp and 306TQ. I'm not saying I should get exactly that, but it should be fairly close.

Thanks for posting SVT. So I would say these cobras are definitely puttng out more than advertised! :nice: Have you tried cleaning your MAF?

It's a brand new PMAS MAF. It's only a week or maybe two old. I cleaned my old maf before so I know what you are talking about, it really makes a huge difference when it's dirty/oily and you clean it. This isn't the problem however because this one is brand new. I just think it needs a good dyno tune.

I also started a post for this under 94-95 tech if you want to check it out and give any advice. It's called 95 cobra bolton dyno.