Any opinions on clutch to handle 500WHP?

I been running a spec stage 2 for 4 yrs now. I just changed the clutch disc when I did the g-force tranny (but the tob and pressure plate are the same). Holding fine and the trannys good too. However the clutch pedal is heavy and stop and go can be annoying...but when moving most of my shifts are clutchless so it doesnt bother me. I dont really dragrace the car but it does get open tracked several times a year...as finances allow. So thats the extent of the stresses on the stuff.

• Sponsors (?)

i'll be the first to say it.

I HATE SPEC CLUTCHES.

they break alot, have outrageous pedal effort, way too grabby, cust service is ****. i know there are alot of guys on here that feel the same.

i do like my king cobra, but my next clutch will be a custom job through a place here in town.

I have seen pressure plates with weights on the springs so that as rpms go up, clamping force increases. That was you have a light pedal at low rpms, but you still have goodholding power up high where you make the hp. Does anyone make such a pressure plate for our cars?

I have seen pressure plates with weights on the springs so that as rpms go up, clamping force increases. That was you have a light pedal at low rpms, but you still have goodholding power up high where you make the hp. Does anyone make such a pressure plate for our cars?

This is how the Centerforce Dual Friction is designed, very nice clutch in my opinion.

That is how Centerforce in general is designed, whether it be gold class, stage II, Dual Friction or the DFX series...

That is where they get there name:)

Correct, but given the original topic and go-stang5.0's comment of "but you still have goodholding power up high where you make the hp," I didn't want to mention anything less than the Dual Friction, might throw some people off. :)

Yea centerforce....now its kinda obvious to me. On a side note, those weights add rotating mass to the pressure plate. Which can be looked at as a bad thing by people like me who dont care about hole shot. I wonder how much mass those weights actually add to the pp. And also what the CF pp weighs compared to other PP's.