AOD part needed

KZGUNS

I can swing up to 11”
5 Year Member
Jul 23, 2018
chardon, Ohio
Slightly off topic but still ford. I’ve acquired a free 87 AOD that came with a 5.0 my brother bought. The kick down shaft is broken. The threaded stud on the end is snapped off. I’m having trouble finding one.
Before anyone panics it’s not going in my mustang but I’m planning to use it in my Maverick

• Sponsors (?)

Slightly off topic but still ford. I’ve acquired a free 87 AOD that came with a 5.0 my brother bought. The kick down shaft is broken. The threaded stud on the end is snapped off. I’m having trouble finding one.
Before anyone panics it’s not going in my mustang but I’m planning to use it in my Maverick
Nothing wrong with a properly built aod . Have you checked eBay ?

If you can’t find any give Fred brown a call in Long Island Ny . He has built a ton of these things he may have something laying around

Reactions: 1 user
:ban:

• Haha
Nothing wrong with a properly built aod . Have you checked eBay ?

If you can’t find any give Fred brown a call in Long Island Ny . He has built a ton of these things he may have something laying around
I have looked around but I’m not sure if kick down lever is the correct technical name so a lot of kick down cables and such come up.

I believe there is a cable that works the down shift mode on these models, I also believe the lever you're looking at is the shift lever and there may be a difference between the floor shift and the column shift levers, if it has two levers on the same shift mechanism then it is likely from a earlier model, look for some ID numbers on the case that will help with what year the trans is from.
Do you know what year model the engine and trans are from?
The engine may not be an HO.

This is the part I need, looks like the threaded part snapped off probably when it was yanked at a junkyard. The transmission is out of an 87 gran marquis. Definitely is not an HO.

Attachments

• 58EBB402-0CF9-4867-9516-AFF17B29E4F7.jpeg
    58EBB402-0CF9-4867-9516-AFF17B29E4F7.jpeg
    285.8 KB · Views: 53
It might be a lot easier to get another part from the JY.

I've got a couple of AOD's in the storage but I'm not interested in taking them apart to rob parts. I'd send one your way cheaply if you can't find what you need.

It might be a lot easier to get another part from the JY.

I've got a couple of AOD's in the storage but I'm not interested in taking them apart to rob parts. I'd send one your way cheaply if you can't find what you need.
Ya, I'm not in a hurry so I'm sure one will pop up on ebay or I'll find one elsewhere.