AODE + Carb'd..... How?

zZsKyZz

Dec 1, 2005
I've been thinking about going carb., but I want to keep my AODE trans.

Would I have to use a manual valve body? Even if I do, how would it shift into 4th gear since that's an electronic gear? Does MSD or Mallery make a box/kit to work doing this? Anybody know how?! :shrug:

Thanks guys!

• Sponsors (?)

you'd have to come up with a way to make a tps for the carb ... essentially, it would be rigging up a potentiometer to the throttle cable. you would need a carb with a ford kickdown connector. you could then use the kickdown cable connector on the carb throttle boss to turn the pot. then you just make a bracket for the pot and make a lever to turn the pot the correct amount so that the voltage range was correct throughout the range of the throttle. the longer the lever, the slower the pot turns

that is all that TCI remote TPS thing is. i'm sure i can make you one for alot less than the $230 those guys charge. i bet i could come up with something for under $100

if you really want to do this, i can do some more digging next week after i get done with my custom kickdown cable

the other thing the computer apparently uses in its tranny logic is the air temperature, which comes from the ACT sensor, so you'd also probably want to figure out a place to mount that sensor since the intake tubing (where it is usually mounted) would be going away.

it would be really straightforward to convert to an AOD. i know a little about that ...