Are these S197 seats?

BennyBlown2v

Dec 9, 2004
Carmel, INdiana
Hey guys, I just bought an 87 notch with a buncha weird parts in it, and can't figure out these seats! :rlaugh: They obviously have other rails on them, but I think they are 2005+ v6 cloth seats??? The reason i need to know is so I can get some headrests, apparently the ones that were in there had monitors in them and the guy who owned the car before me sold them before selling me the car :nonono: These things are only 33lbs with the brackets, so that's pretty good for my little notch :D

What do you think?

wtf_seats%20%282%29.JPG

wtf_seats.JPG

Also, if these are in fact 05+ seats like I think...does anybody know the part number for the headrest/cover, or if it's even available separately from the seat?

Thanks guys,

-Benny

• Sponsors (?)

You also might want to check out the Ford Edge headrests. They are a bit smaller and don't rake outward like the Mustang's do which is great if you're ever going to wear a racing helmet.

This could be an alternative to explore.

You also might want to check out the Ford Edge headrests. They are a bit smaller and don't rake outward like the Mustang's do which is great if you're ever going to wear a racing helmet.

This could be an alternative to explore.
Would the Fusion headrests fit the Mustang seats too then? Just wondering

our 06 V6 with the Pony pkg has those exact seats. The rear levers to flip the seat forward will break off immediately. But they're comfy seats.
My levers are still intact. (knock on wood)

Id say try a junkyard like stated above.
Oh and sorry to go off topic but WTF is with those stupid levers, when I bought my car both of mine were broken off, can we replace those? Or are they part of the seat cause its a PITA to flip it forward cause its two steps, hit the recline lever then the bar to slide the seat on the front.

Yea, those are the exact same seats I have in my 2009 V6 Pony pkg.

A note for those people that keep breaking the rear handles. I have not broken mine (knock on wood) but I was thinking the other day (as I pulled the lever to let my daughter get in the back seat) that if you push on the seat back as you lift the lever that may put less stress on the mechanism and hopefully make them less prone to breaking. It seems to me that when I push back on the seat I have to fight the lever less than if I try try to flip the lever upwards by itself.

Yea, those are the exact same seats I have in my 2009 V6 Pony pkg.

A note for those people that keep breaking the rear handles. I have not broken mine (knock on wood) but I was thinking the other day (as I pulled the lever to let my daughter get in the back seat) that if you push on the seat back as you lift the lever that may put less stress on the mechanism and hopefully make them less prone to breaking. It seems to me that when I push back on the seat I have to fight the lever less than if I try try to flip the lever upwards by itself.

well after buying 2 I've decided that next time I break one I'll replace both with billet parts. Almost the same price as Ford's cheapo plastic POS