Are they Serious?!?!

Riggs

Mar 31, 2005
Linden, NJ
Okay so I by a Ford dealership which is near my girlfriends where I always see new mustangs, they have about 5 or 6 there and some new 06's. So I went in to look into getting a base model V6 which I plan to get in the next 6 months or so when I notice that all V6 base mustangs of any kind have a $3500 mark up and on a convertible it is a $5000 to a total price of $34k! I'm thinkin what can a new GT convertible go for $40k!!!!! Anyway I'm going to have to shop around a $3500 mark up on a $20k MSRP car is a little steep. Are there any places without a markup or only a thousand dollar markup in NJ?

• Sponsors (?)

Riggs said:
Okay so I by a Ford dealership which is near my girlfriends where I always see new mustangs, they have about 5 or 6 there and some new 06's. So I went in to look into getting a base model V6 which I plan to get in the next 6 months or so when I notice that all V6 base mustangs of any kind have a $3500 mark up and on a convertible it is a $5000 to a total price of $34k! I'm thinkin what can a new GT convertible go for $40k!!!!! Anyway I'm going to have to shop around a $3500 mark up on a $20k MSRP car is a little steep. Are there any places without a markup or only a thousand dollar markup in NJ?

im in PA and i ordered my 06 gt fully loaded and its still under 30k... so i think it might just be that dealer... :shrug:

plus im sure if you go in there with msrp on paper and some smooth talkin.... they will se it your way, they are just looking for the suckers that will pay sticker no matter what! there are plenty of people out there that would, because they dont know any better. :D

btw... i got the coup not the vert, i know the verts are more but... just look into other dealers or online.

It's the dealer. If you really wanna stick it to the dealer, arrainge to buy a car from any dealer you want (at or below sticker) and have it delivered to that dealer with the 3500 markup.

He HAS to take delivery and prep the car and deliver to you and CAN NOT charge you for it. It's in the franchise agreement. Most dealerships don't like to do it, casue the reimbursement Ford gives for labor to prep isn't enough to cover the work that they have to do to prep it.

The time for mark up on the new Mustangs is over.

I got our V6 Mustang on the X-plan also and saved $1700 under list.
The dealer we went to (Beach Ford in Virginia Beach) wasn't charging any markups on any of the sticker prices for V6 or GT models.

I've never seen anything like it..........it said on the paper the MSRP and then on the side said a $3500 markup. I was looking at the options list looking for the part that says two years worth of sexual favors!

Riggs said:
I've never seen anything like it..........it said on the paper the MSRP and then on the side said a $3500 markup. I was looking at the options list looking for the part that says two years worth of sexual favors!

LOL!! They better deliver the BJ's to the house after work too! LOL! Nice one man!! :D

I paid 18,900.00 on my demo with a little over 500 miles on it.

I'd do it again in a heartbeat.. i've never felt like i got more value for a car than i did this time. I'm loving it. :)

Look around and wait to buy one till there are more than one on the lot. ;)