At the Track - Part 2

• Sponsors (?)

That was not a good launch. Had he gotten off to a better start, I think it would have been a dead heat. Was the bad lauch due to the stock setup throttle lag or do you have a tune to remove that problem?

05V6inMD said:
That was not a good launch. Had he gotten off to a better start, I think it would have been a dead heat. Was the bad lauch due to the stock setup throttle lag or do you have a tune to remove that problem?

Curious why you think it was a bad launch? I've never been to a drag strip before... but what I noticed is they were doing staggered starts. (because it was a Test and Tune night???) Far lane would go green slightly before the close lane... so i'm wondering if that why you think it was a bad launch... I do have a tune.....

scrming said:
Curious why you think it was a bad launch? I've never been to a drag strip before... but what I noticed is they were doing staggered starts. (because it was a Test and Tune night???) Far lane would go green slightly before the close lane... so i'm wondering if that why you think it was a bad launch... I do have a tune.....
My mistake. I did not see that it was supposed to be staggered. Given the tragic throttle lag that comes with the stock V6, I jumped to the conclusion the delay may have been due to that.

05V6inMD said:
My mistake. I did not see that it was supposed to be staggered. Given the tragic throttle lag that comes with the stock V6, I jumped to the conclusion the delay may have been due to that.

Well, you are not alone... I sent the video to my buddy and he immediately said the samething! He wrote: "Who ever was driving in the clip was a
little slow off the line..." LOL!

Yeah.. I remember those days of horrible hesitation and the inability to spin the tire... LOL!

I will focus my attention on your launch and not the Reaction time.. LOL!!! Looks like your rear-end work has paid off with good launch capabilities...

2nd, I feel your car should be much faster than that ET.. What am I missing Scrming? Keep in mind, I am impressed with you overall.. But lets focus on the numbers.. 14.922 is pitifull.. What went wrong exactly?

Lidio's GT is sweet.. You are lucky you have a good friend like that, or atleast one that you are able to hangout with on a regular basis.. :nice:

But please help me to understand the 14.922 et, with all the work you have completed thus far along with a damn good rear-end setup.. :hail2:

I understand the reaction time, after reading more closely.. So thats understandable.. But the 14.922 is worse than what a stock 5spd 05-V6 could get when driven properly.. Help me.. What am I missing Scrming? Of course you understand that all of us feel you are doing a great job overall with your contributions to the community.. So never think we are critisizing you.. But lets speak honestly for abit about the 14.922, because this will confuse some people if they are lead to believe that this is a good time for an 05V6 with a tune.. Its not.. We need to understand whats not adding up..

I feel you should be at no more than 14.4 et.. Normal is around 14.8.. Tuned should garner you 14.34.. Maybe 14.0.. Somewhere something is giving up the ghost on you at half track.. What is it?

you have to remember he is running in 4th gear for probably at least 2 seconds in the quarter mile, thats oging to hurt a lot. And ive yet to see a stock 14 sec v6, me doin it on gtech doesnt count, cuz u cant launch like that on a track. Im sure with just a tune i can drop a 14.99 but who knows.

MSP said:
I understand the reaction time, after reading more closely.. So thats understandable.. But the 14.922 is worse than what a stock 5spd 05-V6 could get when driven properly.. Help me.. What am I missing Scrming? Of course you understand that all of us feel you are doing a great job overall with your contributions to the community.. So never think we are critisizing you.. But lets speak honestly for abit about the 14.922, because this will confuse some people if they are lead to believe that this is a good time for an 05V6 with a tune.. Its not.. We need to understand whats not adding up..

I feel you should be at no more than 14.4 et.. Normal is around 14.8.. Tuned should garner you 14.34.. Maybe 14.0.. Somewhere something is giving up the ghost on you at half track.. What is it?

I'm kind of lost here?????? Car & Driver has a stock V6 1/4 listed at 15.3... I'm assuming a manual? I'm looking at others that are running N/A w/o Nitrous... they all seem to be in the 15.x. range... so we were pretty happy to break into the 14s...

As Fazm pointed out.. the car was definitly in 4th gear... Lidio actaully drove the car... he said 4th gear at about 4500RPM when he crossed the line... So yeah, i think my top end is lacking... this is were some type of forced induction will help out... LOL!

fazm83 said:
15.3 is for the auto ;) havent seen any tests for the manual yet.

ok..thanks!

I think my BIG BALLONS are probably hurting me to... they seem to be pretty sticky but they are HEAVY... But if I change them out now ($$$$) the wife will boot me to the curb! LOL!