At the track...

scrming

Aug 9, 2005
Ok... I went to the track for the VERY FIRST TIME last night... Yes, I finally convinced the Mrs. to let me go... I told her you guys were putting so much pressure on me I just had to go! LOL! Ok... so I told her I was not going to drive.. that was part of the deal... So I went to the track with Lidio and let him drive the car... Now that she see nothing happened I'll work on getting behind the wheel myself! LOL!

So now for some numbers....

60' = 2.146
1/8 = 9.525
1/8 MPH = 73.26
1/4 = 14.922
1/4 MPH = 90.43

We were pretty happy with the car's performance! Not bad for it's first time out... it was a Test & Tune night so lots of difference cars out there... I was watching some of the other car's run.. I was faster than a lot of the older stock v8 cars.. Acutally on this run Lidio was along side of a late model Z28... My car actually stay quite close... he finished with a 14.462...

So all in all a good night... I will try and post a video...

• Sponsors (?)

scrming said:
Ok... I went to the track for the VERY FIRST TIME last night... Yes, I finally convinced the Mrs. to let me go... I told her you guys were putting so much pressure on me I just had to go! LOL! Ok... so I told her I was not going to drive.. that was part of the deal... So I went to the track with Lidio and let him drive the car... Now that she see nothing happened I'll work on getting behind the wheel myself! LOL!

So now for some numbers....

60' = 2.146
1/8 = 9.525
1/8 MPH = 73.26
1/4 = 14.922
1/4 MPH = 90.43

We were pretty happy with the car's performance! Not bad for it's first time out... it was a Test & Tune night so lots of difference cars out there... I was watching some of the other car's run.. I was faster than a lot of the older stock v8 cars.. Acutally on this run Lidio was along side of a late model Z28... My car actually stay quite close... he finished with a 14.462...

So all in all a good night... I will try and post a video...

Very nice. How many runs did he make?

Wow very nice, bracket racing with those times ;)

i think you are the first person on this board to get an official 14 second run, at least to my knowledge.

You can tell that the gears are killin ur quarter mile time, cuz look at ur trap speed, 5mph lower than mine, yet 3 tenths quicker.

fazm83 said:

i think you are the first person on this board to get an official 14 second run, at least to my knowledge.

You can tell that the gears are killin ur quarter mile time, cuz look at ur trap speed, 5mph lower than mine, yet 3 tenths quicker.

Yeah... and if you remember my oversize tire make my 4.10s act like a 3.88... so I wonder about those guys putting in 4.10s with stock tires.... hmmmm...

Talked to Lidio a little about Explorer Express and their upcoming kit using an Eaton M90... I'm thinking that's the way we'll go... Lidio thinks it will probably put the car down around 13.7 to 13.9... Now it's the waiting game... LOL!

fazm83 said:

I think the 3.73s would be ideal.