AutoWeek Article

mustang handling hahaahahahahah

Sorry im not a ford loyalist that will believe whatever ford tells me. I'm a realist that looks at things in comparison with everything else. I like a live solid axle and think it was smart to keep it on the GT. No mustang GT is a good handler. They are sufficient handlers and thats it. There are so many cars out there that handle twice as good as our cars its not even funny. That being said i didn't buy my car to autocross so i dont expect it. Its a nice think for a car package when ihandling is improved but again they are not going to merge the cobra with the GT...they are going to increase the amount of things that cobra has vs the GT which indicates that there will be little improved over what is even more improved on the cobra. Remember they are going upscale on the cobra not down which means they are going to differentiate it from their other products even more than currently...not less.

Again the mustang is not a great handler until the aftermarket is involved...until 2005 that is...and of course its never enough for you guys. Have to have irs too (sigh).

kirkyg

• Sponsors (?)

Well...for the last 15-20 years that's what The GT was pretty much. A straight line racer. So for at least half it's life that's what the most common performance Mustang was.

Omegalock said:
Well...for the last 15-20 years that's what The GT was pretty much. A straight line racer. So for at least half it's life that's what the most common performance Mustang was.

Sure. However, there are more than a few people that have bolted a cage in those cars and went scca racing. Back when the chassis was "only" 5 to 10 years old, they even did it fairly successfully. HP didn't hurt either.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how the new car will ride and handle. You cannot underestimate how far chassis development has come in the last 25 years. Ford seems determined to do it right, so I am staying optimistic.