AutoX'd the V6 this weekend

CarlsV6

Founding Member
Sep 27, 2001
Stafford, VA
Well I finally decided to enter the v6 in an autox. I had a blast. Was in E-Street Prepared. Ran against a dakota r/t, nissan 300, evo, Dakota R/T and a few others. Ended up with second in my class. Not bad for first time out I guess.

ESP 1 ROSS SHULL 91 NISSAN 300ZX 45.989
ESP 2 CARL LYNN 00 MUSTANG 48.984
ESP 3 JUSTIN HEADLEY 85 BMW 635CSI 50.824
ESP 4 CHASE TANNER 98 DODGE DAKOTA R/T 51.896
ESP 5 WAYLAND BOND 99 Z28 55.903
ESP 6 GREG KELCAN 03 MITS EVO 240.983

AutoX-14.jpg

AutoX-15.jpg

AutoX-16.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Why did they put the v6 in ESP(our local group has a novice class). not to burst your bubble but 3 SEC is a lifetime in AutoX. 2ed place is great but 3 secs is a big gap(thats room for like 10 cars in ther)

I run SM and out of 15 cars the top 3-4 are seperated by no more then a 1.5 sec. AutoX is great fun hope you keep it up.

Yeah, it was kind of odd running against a truck. He would have killed me in a drag race lol...

Actually I was unaware of the novice class until later on, wasn't listed anywhere and when I described my mods that's the class I was placed in.

I would've had a 46.9 had I not clipped a cone. I wasn't really concerned with where I placed at. It was my first time out and I had a lot of fun. Only thing I didn't like was being in the first group out so I didn't get to see how anyone else was running the course before it was my turn. I also got a lot of advice from others afterwards. I'd definately encourage anyone who hasn't tried it before to enter one.