Bassani Exhaust

redmustanggt

Jul 11, 2005
Well i just got back from the shop who installed my bassani exhaust (04 cobra). It sounds really really good but i have a question. When i down shift or, just rev it a little bit, it pops a little bit when the rpms drop. Is this typical of this exhaust or did they do something wrong. My other mustang gt had flowmasters on it and there was no popping at all. Just wondering if somehting is wrong or is this normal. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

redmustanggt said:
Well i just got back from the shop who installed my bassani exhaust (04 cobra). It sounds really really good but i have a question. When i down shift or, just rev it a little bit, it pops a little bit when the rpms drop. Is this typical of this exhaust or did they do something wrong. My other mustang gt had flowmasters on it and there was no popping at all. Just wondering if somehting is wrong or is this normal. Thanks.

Yeah, thats normal. mine does it too with my LMIIs. I like the popping sound.

hotdog71 said:
Did you go for a full system w/ or w/o cats?
Oh! and how is the drone at 60-70 mph or 2000-2400 rpm? I want to change my system for the Bassani and they claim they have tuned out the freeway drone.

thanks
There's NO drone whatsoever. Just the sweet sweet Bassani sound :hail2::hail2::hail2:

Yes sir! That sounds is normal.. and damn bassani sounds good!

I've heard SLP LMI's, LMII's and Bassani catbacks with the SLP O/R X and I'd say my favorite was the bassani by far!! :hail2:.. but after the Bassani X-pipe, it was even better :drool:

Awesome. Im glad to see its normal. When i picked up my car today it was raining so i really couldnt get into it. As far as what i could hear it sounded really good. It was a little more expensive than others but well worth it IMO. Ill let you guys know how it sounds after i get into it tomrrow. Thanks for the help.

I think it's just excess fuel or fuel that didn't completely burn exploding in the exhaust. I've never heard a stock system do it, but every aftermarket system I've installed does it. I used Borla (because I'd never heard anything good or bad about Basani) and it does the same thing...except it drones so bad between 1800-2400 RPM's it's not even funny. Sounds good, but the drone inside is bad.

MoatesGarage said:
I think it's just excess fuel or fuel that didn't completely burn exploding in the exhaust. I've never heard a stock system do it, but every aftermarket system I've installed does it. I used Borla (because I'd never heard anything good or bad about Basani) and it does the same thing...except it drones so bad between 1800-2400 RPM's it's not even funny. Sounds good, but the drone inside is bad.

My Bassani doesn't drone at all.

Mine pops too and I love it. It's a change in backpressure that causes it and it's normal. It actually took over a year before I let someone drive my car without me in it and I couldn't believe how sweet the Bassani sounds (WAY different that inside the car). It was a tech at work and he took it out and down a straightaway behind the dealership. Usually we'll go out to watch/listen when a tech has a Ferrari out there, but I've got to say the Bassani was almost as sweet sounding (almost).

I have Bassani and my drones bad around 1900-2200 rpms in fifth gear which is around 75 mph for me. It has actually made me slow down when driving on the highway. I have had my system for about 2 years. I would like to get the headers one day, just got to save some money and brace myself for the install.

Btw, I have the 5 piece x-pipe, but I leave the cats in, does the drone go away if you take the cats out?

rpburnette said:
I have Bassani and my drones bad around 1900-2200 rpms in fifth gear which is around 75 mph for me. It has actually made me slow down when driving on the highway. I have had my system for about 2 years. I would like to get the headers one day, just got to save some money and brace myself for the install.

Btw, I have the 5 piece x-pipe, but I leave the cats in, does the drone go away if you take the cats out?

I've got some pretty viscious drone @ 70-75 mph. I've also got the catted-x from Bassani along with the cat-back and FRPP shorty headers. I took the cats out last year for about 1 week and it was annoyingly loud, even to me (and I'm around loud cars every day). That's not to mention all the old people in the neighborhood that I managed to piss off that week :nice:

CRZYHRSGT said:
I've got some pretty viscious drone @ 70-75 mph. I've also got the catted-x from Bassani along with the cat-back and FRPP shorty headers. I took the cats out last year for about 1 week and it was annoyingly loud, even to me (and I'm around loud cars every day). That's not to mention all the old people in the neighborhood that I managed to piss off that week :nice:
Hmm im starting to think that the design of the Bassani X-Pipe makes it louder than a "true x" design like the UPR X-Pipe i have with the Bassani Catback :shrug: