Battery light comming on?????

This just started about a week ago, when the car gets to operating temp and i get on it at all the battery light comes on the volt meter goes way down and all my lights dim, I also notice a loss of power??? what the hell could this be??
The car only has 55000 miles on it and I havent upgraded the electric system besides cap rotor and wires. Im thinking my alternator is going out or my battery is going bad but the car starts fine and runs awesome until it gets warm and I put a little foot into it. I have also noticed it doesnt do it when driving under normal conditions such as 2000 rpm up to 3000 rpm not stomping on the gas. Im frustrated as hell with it but I love the car. Any help would be appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

WHITE94COBRA said:
This just started about a week ago, when the car gets to operating temp and i get on it at all the battery light comes on the volt meter goes way down and all my lights dim, I also notice a loss of power??? what the hell could this be??
The car only has 55000 miles on it and I havent upgraded the electric system besides cap rotor and wires. Im thinking my alternator is going out or my battery is going bad but the car starts fine and runs awesome until it gets warm and I put a little foot into it. I have also noticed it doesnt do it when driving under normal conditions such as 2000 rpm up to 3000 rpm not stomping on the gas. Im frustrated as hell with it but I love the car. Any help would be appreciated.

have the charging system checked, more than likely youll have to replace the alternator, some places check for free where im at so id check around, like autozone or some parts place

Sounds like a bad battery or a slipping belt. The alternator is working if everything is charging at normal rpm.

Take the battery up to your local auto parts store (fully charged), they'll usually test it for free. Check the belt to make sure the tensioner is "in range" on the base and look for cracks and missing pieces or gloss.