BBK X pipe fitting problems?

frdstang00

Founding Member
Feb 8, 2002
Brockton,MA
I'm in the process of installing a bbk x pipe on my friends mustang,now i'm having problems trying to get the header to x pipe to seal. I tried dropping it down and reinstalling a few in times order to get it to seal up, but no luck. I've installed other h pipes before but never this brand. just wondering if other people have had problems, of course the speed shop says there never been any problems with those pipes. It seems that the flange is alot bigger on the x pipethan the Mac h pipe i took off.

• Sponsors (?)

frdstang00 said:
I'm in the process of installing a bbk x pipe on my friends mustang,now i'm having problems trying to get the header to x pipe to seal. I tried dropping it down and reinstalling a few in times order to get it to seal up, but no luck. I've installed other h pipes before but never this brand. just wondering if other people have had problems, of course the speed shop says there never been any problems with those pipes. It seems that the flange is alot bigger on the x pipethan the Mac h pipe i took off.
What year stang and what side are you having the trouble on. May have cure for your problem.

i had the same problem. i even rode around with the hangers not even in and i had the nastiest exhaust leak ever. the car sounded like a semi coming down the road. just bend the hangers as you see fit and that WILL fix the problem

thanks to everyone that chimed in my buddy ended up trying the mac prochamber on it and it looks like it's all set. the bbk for whatever reason looked like it was bottoming out on the headers not letting it seal properly.maybe a defective part or just it the headers themselves