Bcam and stock springs?

Looking into running a Bcam i can get for free, would i be able to run it on the stock springs? The lift doesnt sound that agressive .480 but im used to LS1's where .600 lift isnt a big deal so enlighten me on what the stock springs can take and if not what springs i should look into. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I agree with BILL. If the springs have alot of miles I would not risk it. The stock springs arn't very healthy for alot of lift. Even though the bcam has only a little more lift than the stocker. People will tell you it's ok. But I doubt they will buy parts when it breaks. If they are new you should be OK. Get them checked and see what they have for pressure. A spring upgrade can be had for $120-130.

Yep, what they said. If the springs had their tension checked at a shop, then Cool?? and the stock springs will work with the B cam!! but a lot of miles, like they said why chance it!! Change the suckers out...cool??

Just me...................................

Thumper

thumper460 said:
Yep, what they said. If the springs had their tension checked at a shop, then Cool?? and the stock springs will work with the B cam!! but a lot of miles, like they said why chance it!! Change the suckers out...cool??

Just me...................................

Thumper

Hey Thumper when are the TEST AND TUNES at Gainsville. If they have any. I am on my way to Florida soon and I would like to visit all the tracks on the way down to BRADENTON.

Wed nite and of course the weekends for racing. when your in Orlando, if you havent been to "Speedworld" stop in and see that place !! after seeing Gainsville it will freak you out on how "local" Speedworld is and they run the Streetcar Nat'l there !! 190s-200 mph on 10 inch tires!! Turbo, NOS, s/chargers in door slammers!!! the best racing in the world come out of that small track!! When you get back to ConUS it will take a few days to get caught up on TV comercials ( as AFRTS doest show them). and then remember the burgers here are really "Burgers" LOL

Just me..............................

Thumper

thumper460 said:
Wed nite and of course the weekends for racing. when your in Orlando, if you havent been to "Speedworld" stop in and see that place !! after seeing Gainsville it will freak you out on how "local" Speedworld is and they run the Streetcar Nat'l there !! 190s-200 mph on 10 inch tires!! Turbo, NOS, s/chargers in door slammers!!! the best racing in the world come out of that small track!! When you get back to ConUS it will take a few days to get caught up on TV comercials ( as AFRTS doest show them). and then remember the burgers here are really "Burgers" LOL

Just me..............................

Thumper

THUMPER- I have been to SPEEDWORLD. It's nice. I have also been to GAINSVILLE....Gator nationals. Never raced. Looking forward to it. Thanks for the info.

00 RED SS- Talk to thumper about springs. He has them for sale I believe. Or CRANE 44308-1 kit works well with stock heads. SUMMIT AND JEGS have them.