Best guess on lease price

mstng99gt

Founding Member
Nov 12, 2000
Just bought a 2003 jeepg GC a little more than a year ago, don't wanna get rid of it. The problem lies with the new mustang that is coming out, I really want that too. MY question is what do you figure would be the best lease price availabe on one, if it is priced at or slightly higher than the 2004 mustang gt ? Any estimate would be appriciated, thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

It it impossible to give you any meaningful answer without knowing very specific info. about you.

How long a lease?
How many miles / year?
What's your credit rating?
Any $$ down?
Do you have property tax on motor vehicles where you live?
What is the sales tax where you live?
True lease or the new fake lease (RCO Program)?
What sort of money factor will Ford have at that time?

Go to the Ford Credit website and use their lease payment estimator. That might give you some help. But you have to put in a specific model. But if you use a 2004 Mustang as an example you'll then have to override any incentives that they show.

According to Ford, the price increase will be an inflationary one at most. The wild cards are the economy and dealer premium. When the economy improves, the fantastic deals on cars will evaporate. It wouldn't surprise me at all if you saw '05's going for 2 or 3 grand over sticker, at least for the first year or so.

$2k or $3k over sticker is why I will not buy the new Mustang right away. I will be better off waiting for the rebates. Don't worry. They will come. It will just be a matter of time when the dealers will not be able to get the Mustangs off their lots. When this time comes, they will start giving good deals on them. The same thing happened with the current 2001-2004 body style Mustang and it will happen again with the 2006+ Mustangs. It's just a matter of time. The smart ones that will wait it out will be the ones who will get the best deals on the Mustang. The ones who will not wait it out will get ripped off and overpay.