• true dual exaust

Votes: 27 77.1%
  • :shrug:

Votes: 5 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
  • Sponsors (?)

00StangV6Coupe said:
Because they have two more cylinders then we do, that's why.

And on another note, getting big wheels will hurt you unless you have a decent amount of hp (which without a power adder or stroker kit, we don't). The main purpose of wider wheels/tires is for traction. It's true that you will be able to launch harder with wider tires but you lose accelerating power due to the larger size of the wheels/tires. I think they call it rolling mass or something. I know several people who have gotten larger wheels and they all told me the change was noticeable.

dude the reason why you have a noticeable decrease4 in acceleration is that the bigger wheels change your final gear ratio.

WTF?????????? change the final gear ratio???? WTF you smoking?

Bigger wheels don't change it....if you change the tires and wheels to some outrageously different setup from stock.....there could be some variation, but it's not gonna change your acceleration in any way

00StangV6Coupe said:
And on another note, getting big wheels will hurt you unless you have a decent amount of hp (which without a power adder or stroker kit, we don't). The main purpose of wider wheels/tires is for traction. It's true that you will be able to launch harder with wider tires but you lose accelerating power due to the larger size of the wheels/tires. I think they call it rolling mass or something. I know several people who have gotten larger wheels and they all told me the change was noticeable.

Rolling Resistance is the term. :notnice:

I still chirp my tires even with 17 x 10.5" in the rear. :nice:

...& unless ur running w/squeeze, a S/Charger, Turbo, or a built 3.8 Stroker motor, stay with duals and run 2.25" pipes. Larger than that (2.5" and up) kills your torque and HP. I know I learned my lesson. :D