best radiator for vovlo front mount

rgosulliv

Founding Member
Aug 10, 2001
Lawrenceville NJ
for you guys that have the volvo front mount...

I know some of you run a ranger radiator so the intercooler will fit but what year ranger and what engine size ranger.. did you reuse the old tubing or have to buy new? I'm ordering a new radiator and just need to make sure it'll fit right because I'm not able to see it...

or is there a better radiator that fits better than the ranger one... let me know asap because i'd like to order and get started on it tomm.

thanks
-Ryan

• Sponsors (?)

rgosulliv said:
for you guys that have the volvo front mount...

I know some of you run a ranger radiator so the intercooler will fit but what year ranger and what engine size ranger.. did you reuse the old tubing or have to buy new? I'm ordering a new radiator and just need to make sure it'll fit right because I'm not able to see it...

or is there a better radiator that fits better than the ranger one... let me know asap because i'd like to order and get started on it tomm.

thanks
-Ryan

stinger and a bunch of others used the ranger radiator. I haven't done it yet, but I have that radiator sitting here. I pulled the one from my 74 pinto wagon with a 2.3.
Pinto:
It has a really thick core, very narrow, and the perfect height. It holds alot coolant but has very small inlet/outlets. The water drops straight down like all of the older style rads. Seems like a good core. I'll eventually change the end tanks. Also its kind of heavy, (though it is from the mid 70's)

Ranger:
Much more common plus you know it works with this combo. Looks like a very thin core. Its plastic so its really light.
I've seen a bunch of those trucks that ran hot but I never learned why. Not sure if the rad. had anything to do with it.

I have the Ranger Radiator in the SVO. The one you need is the radiator for the 4.0 equipped with A/C. This fit's just right and is a 3 core. I don't know the specific year - sorry.